I would have thought, said L at Thursday Night Pints, that the Kids in the Hall Fine Ham Abounds would be the most posted video at BLCKDGRD, responding to my claim yesterday that The Guy Under the Seats, Episode 9, Roosevelt: A One-Man Show is the most posted. I said, I'm sure the KITH is the most linked to, though I very infrequently post it. I was then asked multiple questions about the blooger, why this, where that, what next, and I wallowed in the bleggalgazing, thanks all! we'll see where it ends, but yes, thanks for the Kind. Did you see Thiessen's column, asked D as I sat down after buying a round, his laughing at liberal hypocrisy over Obama's war crimes? D, said K, you buy rounds the next two nights, we'd dared each other walking in, whoever first brought up motherfucking Obama bought rounds the next two Thursday Night Pints. Most profitable half hour of bleggalgazing, on multiple levels, ever.
- David Harvey interview, part one, part two.
- The President's kill list.
- Geraldo approves!
- Though once Obama's name was brought up, joyous derision of the motherfucker was enjoyed.
- A worthy rant.
- Righteous drone strikes.
- Tough guy leaking.
- Eye of the drone.
- The hard core faith of the ruling clucks.
- Motherfucking Obama: more craven than stupid and cowardly, more stupid and cowardly than craven? Yes.
- Barney Frank, Reaganite.
- MoveOn emotionally blackmailing you.
- The past, the stars.
- Are we actually closer to my Fuck-Me-Jig?
- Have a flutter on EURO 12. I am strangely unexcited about EURO 12. As always, fine metaphors abound.
- Silliman's always astonishingly generous lit-links.
- Beckett, for those of you who do.
- What you can buy me for my birthday.
- Bill Fay.
- Steely Dan as rebel music? I like Steely Dan well enough to not mind if I hear them but not to put them on; I've never understood the intense loathing in which some hold them.
- Fell asleep last night listening to Radigue, wake up this morning and, serendipitously, Stan's show this morning is entrancingly beautiful.
Tense and tenuous
grow from the same root
as does tender
in its several guises:
the sour grass flower;
the yellow moth.
I would not confuse
with the spurious.
is a sore thumb
while the spurious
as fish and circuses.