- Eye right now ▲. Just saw eye doc, I've a three month respite from surgery, the new meds are working. I'm... surprised. I always expect the worse. Fine metaphors abound, only some obtain.
- Trial balloon for a coup? Someone said something like that yesterday here.
- It's a dark world.
- The American Terrible.
- Lessons for "The Resistance" from the Bush resistance: The first is that while partisan Democrats may be one’s allies when opposing a Republic president, their opposition is opportunistic and not principled. The second they are in charge, they will support or wave aside the same actions they condemned coming from a Republican. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t work with partisan Democrats, it means understand when they’ll stop fighting AND that once they don’t need you, they will regard you as a threat and seek to to eliminate you. The second is more important: The control of a party matters more than the results of any individual election.
- Just saying. Resist Trump, of course, but know your allies.
- Willam Gass on tyrants. Important.
- Yes, I've posted this Notley poem before.
- Why didn't you tell me there was new Necks?
THE TEN BEST ISSUES OF COMIC BOOKS
1. X-Men #141 & 142
2. Defenders #125
3. Phoenix: The Untold Story
4. What if. . .? #31
5. New Mutants #1
6. New Mutants #2
7. Micronauts #58
8. Marvel Universe #5
9. New Mutants #14