Digby is being flayed for saying, "For my money it was the best speech he's given as president ---simple, human and uplifting in a difficult moment. As the father of two little girls himself his evocation of Christina Green was particularly poignant. He's not known for sentimentality, but he showed heart and it was good.," but what the fuck else would Digby be saying? What the fuck else would Digby's flayers be flaying?
And me, what else did you think this post would be saying, implying?
- You can't think, and you're goddamn liars.
- Speech pathology.
- What the fuck else did you think Krugman would say?
- For Garry Wills, it's love again.
- Gruebbersolviking Obama.
- Thinking the middle ground.
- Tell me, has anyone done this to major American male politician?
- Cowboy capitalism in Arizona.
- American free-market capitalism.
- Gifford shooting and American free-market capitalism.
- War as theme park.
- Indypendent Reader. (h/t)
- Loving Norquist?
- There are some new additions to the Because on the left and the Because on the right. Go look.
- Kitchen? What's it mean?
- Don Garber hits the District with the Baltimore stick.
- Another reason I'm glad I didn't go for the PhD.
UPDATE! RIP Trish Keenan.
- UPDATE! Colour Me In.
- UPDATE! Echo's Answer.
- UPDATE! Corporeal.
- UPDATE! Tender Buttons.
- UPDATE! More songs.
- Strange form of life.
- My favorite Arcade Fucking Fire song.
- Careless love.
- UPDATE! Horrible fucking news.
- Nick Cave.
- Agnes, queen of sorrow.
Here come my night thoughts On crutches, Returning from studying the heavens. What they thought about Stayed the same, Stayed immense and incomprehensible. My mother and father smile at each other Knowingly above the mantel. The cat sleeps on, the dog Growls in his sleep. The stove is cold and so is the bed. Now there are only these crutches To contend with. Go ahead and laugh, while I raise one With difficulty, Swaying on the front porch, While pointing at something In the gray distance. You see nothing, eh? Neither do I, Mr. Milkman. I better hit you once or twice over the head With this fine old prop, So you don't go off muttering I saw something!