United lost to Dutch champions Ajax 1-2 at RFK yesterday at FIVE FUCKING IN THE AFTERNOON! I didn't go - I feel no moral obligation to go to friendlies - but if this had been at 730 Friday night or 730 Saturday night or 730 last night instead of FIVE FUCKING IN THE AFTERNOON! I would have gone.
Goff's pregame post said United weren't wearing their FUCKING UGLY RED KITS! and there's this line from the re-cap at United's homepage at 7:30PM last night: Fred then had a glorious chance to equalize in the 52nd minute, played in on goal by Chris Pontius, but the Brazilian sprayed his shot wide of the frame. I can see Fred rubbing his ouchy hamstring with one hand while abashedly thumbs-upping Pontius in my head as if I was there.
- Correct but moribund.
- Says it all.
- Obama and AIPAC.
- Jennifer Rubin is clearly maneuvering to be top of the list for World's Shittiest Human when the World's Shittiest Human resigns or dies.
- The President as first person shooter.
- He believes his own bullshit: Nonviolent protest and peaceful reform, President Obama seemed to say, are the only means he can support, and constitutional democracy is the only political end he can approve of. That is setting the standard high. Yet he illustrated his position on March 19 by three American examples: the rebellion against the British Empire, the Civil War to abolish slavery, and the civil rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s. Two of these three movements to widen American democracy were violent. The point is worth making only because the contradiction—-which seems to have passed into his thinking undetected—will have been instantly obvious to his Arab listeners. As much as any American leader, Obama is held captive by a picture of America and America’s history as the touchstone of generous and fair-minded international conduct.
- I'm told by many that comparing a christer's faith in Jeebus to a pwoggle's faith in Democrats and Obama is completely wrong, proving my point.
- Mr Fish is responsible for the above.
- There's got to be a morning after.
- Ten Constitutional myths.
- The elephant in the green room.
- Daniels, seen from Indiana.
- My first thought of this is this. And because I love you.
- KITH predicted Schwarzenegger affair.
- Rich people know best.
- No accounting for taste.
- This is interesting about United's game yesterday at FIVE FUCKING IN THE AFTERNOON!: Another wrinkle in the lineup involved Perry Kitchen. The rookie was given his first professional start at defensive midfield, where he starred at his one season at the Unviersity of Akron. He had played exclusively as a centerback and right back during the MLS season and held his own against a technically sound opponent. Good, Simms is cooked, Morsink and King suck, this is the position United drafted Kitchen to play.
- CCT and King's Farm. Fuck King's Farm.
- Frederick's most wanted.
- I need to come back to this: FIVE FUCKING IN THE AFTERNOON! You got 10K ticket sales, who knows how many people were in the stadium, and if they were in the stadium they weren't eating and drinking like a 730 start. If Ajax demanded the start time, fuck Ajax, we who got Special Game A as part of our full season ticket package should come first.
- Also, shoot me.
- Full left eyebrow. Fuck Chel$ki.
- New Robert Pollard!
- Stream the new My Morning Jacket?
- Darkblack's Sunday Overnight.
THIRTEEN WAYS OF LOOKING AT A BLACKBIRD
Among twenty snowy mountains,
The only moving thing
Was the eye of the blackbird.
I was of three minds,
Like a tree
In which there are three blackbirds.
The blackbird whirled in the autumn winds.
It was a small part of the pantomime.
A man and a woman
A man and a woman and a blackbird
I do not know which to prefer,
The beauty of inflections
Or the beauty of innuendoes,
The blackbird whistling
Or just after.
Icicles filled the long window
With barbaric glass.
The shadow of the blackbird
Crossed it, to and fro.
Traced in the shadow
An indecipherable cause.
O thin men of Haddam,
Why do you imagine golden birds?
Do you not see how the blackbird
Walks around the feet
Of the women about you?
I know noble accents
And lucid, inescapable rhythms;
But I know, too,
That the blackbird is involved
In what I know.
When the blackbird flew out of sight,
It marked the edge
Of one of many circles.
At the sight of blackbirds
Flying in a green light,
Even the bawds of euphony
Would cry out sharply.
He rode over Connecticut
In a glass coach.
Once, a fear pierced him,
In that he mistook
The shadow of his equipage
The river is moving.
The blackbird must be flying.
It was evening all afternoon.
It was snowing
And it was going to snow.
The blackbird sat
In the cedar-limbs.