Also, busy, so I steal from my own comments: I'm dreading Planet away, but I'm not dreading the opportunities she will have at school or the opportunities we'll have with more time. Planet's freaking about being there, I'm freaking out, Earthgirl's freaking out, in two, three weeks, it'll still be weird but it will be fine.
Yes, I know melodrama is a coagulant, clotting doing anything unless everything can be accomplished. I'm working on it, and now I'll have more time.
- Was reading Kunitz (see poem below) so no Gaddis today.
- The daily duh, well said.
- Killing jack rabbits.
- Something has snapped.
- England's green and pleasant land.
- Planet of slums.
- Profits: where from, where to.
- Descent into feudalism.
- Capital concerns.
- Rise of the image nation.
- Paul Ryan running?
- On Paul Ryan running.
- Paul Ryan as Sarah Palin.
- The Villagers and the Board of Corporate's Republican sub-division will swoon for Ryan.
- The Second Shittiest Human in the World is for it.
- The Second Shittiest Human in the World tries to gut Perry.
- Options that matter.
- Another motherfucking ambitious Virginian. Would be fun to watch Cuccinelli and Cantor trying to ratfuck each other.
- Oh, and fuck Mark Warner.
- Next week's Villager wankfest.
- Let the misery begin.
- Do you want to primary Obama?
- A message from Outer Space.
- If they bring twitter to a fight, we bring guns.
- Try it before you buy it (includes new Her Space Holiday).
- Your lucky day in hell.
- Fucked Up.
- UPDATE! Pseu just out this is my head. Be in yours.
- Here comes sunshine.
- Woke up with this in my head:
END OF SUMMER
An agitation of the air,
A perturbation of the light
Admonished me the unloved year
Would turn on its hinge that night.
I stood in the disenchanted field
Amid the stubble and the stones,
Amazed, while a small worm lisped to me
The song of my marrow-bones.
Blue poured into summer blue,
A hawk broke from his cloudless tower,
The roof of the silo blazed, and I knew
That part of my life was over.
Already the iron door of the north
Clangs open: birds, leaves, snows
Order their populations forth,
And a cruel wind blows.
Enjoy the summer, says I.ReplyDelete
I'm not really as melodramatic in real life as I am as a pathetic pseudonymous yodeler onblogReplyDelete
Multifaceted. In matters abstract? Yeah. Yeah, you often are. In fact, when it comes to the abstract, you're a fucking princess. It's why I've been screaming at you for 40 fucking years. Well, that, and I've been a fucking bitter teenage girl for 40 fucking years. Chickens, eggs, whatever.
Not that I say this without love.
In more concrete discussions, in which reality can be observed, discerned, agreed? No, not at all.
This has been a public service announcement.
And I appreciate it Bitter Princess.ReplyDelete
(Yes, I know I will die. But I will be joyful.)