As of seven this morning, it's buried on the Post's front webpage, doesn't appear at all on the NYT's front webpage, and none of the mouth-breathers at the Corner have started woofing, so maybe I'm wrong about everyone but me. On the other hand, I was going to write more about Maryland's uniform in general and my willfully incoherent aesthetic of uniforms in lengthy particular (plus more Harkin v Obama nonsense), so lucky you, consider yourself spared. Look! I did it again!
- Towards an aesthetics of entropy (part two).
- Cassandra and the limits to growth.
- School Reform: A Failing Grade. Standard disclaimer: my wife is a public school teacher, one of my best friends is a public school teacher, my mother and father were public school teachers, some of my favorite aunts and uncles were school teachers, so I am completely pro-teacher; I post links about public education that strike me as important but because of my immense conflict of interest I wont hazard a comment past that.
- Neo-liberalism redux.
- Was there an alternative?
- Double-dose of Chomsky.
- Stoller has a new piece up on smearing Schneiderman and Your Fucking Washington Post's fucking washingtonpostness.
- Obamapologist responds to Stoller.
- Disuse your illusion.
- Crackers and pigs.
- Do you suffer from PDS?
- Two reasons it may not be the shitstorm I thought it would be: (1) those shot were soldiers, not a Villager, and the Villagers don't give a shit about soldiers, and (2) POTUS 12 sucks all the air out of the media vacuum.
- Peter Pan finally to die.
- My future hell.
- The million basic plots.
- Twenty iconic book covers.
- The Long Booker. Nobel will be announced in a month, I haven't seen the traditional Is this the year Philip Roth wins the Nobel stories in Blegsylvania or real life yet.
Julianna Barwick & Ikue Mori - Rejoinder from RVNG Intl. on Vimeo.
HOW SIMILE WORKS
The drizzle-slicked cobblestone alleys of some city; and the brickwork back of the lumbering Galapagos tortoise they'd set me astride, at the "petting zoo".... The taste of our squabble still in my mouth the next day; and the brackish puddles sectioning the street one morning after a storm.... So poetry configures its comparisons. My wife and I have been arguing; now I'm telling her a childhood reminiscence, stroking her back, her naked back that was the particles in the heart of a star and will be again, and is hers, and is like nothing else, and is like the components of everything.
Julianna Barwick & Ikue Mori - Dream Sequence from RVNG Intl. on Vimeo.
Is there anything wrong with the term, "Opologists"?ReplyDelete
It's short, to the point, and pisses them off.
Nothing wrong at all. My fingers have been typing obamapologist for two years is all as the fraternal twin of obamapostate.ReplyDelete
P.S. Has it been raining in D.C. as much as it has here? (Here = Berkeley Springs, W.V.)ReplyDelete
Solid rain (even extremely heavy rain) since Saturday evening, except for a brief patch Monday A.M.
Yup, though not as much as the bobryans predicted.ReplyDelete
If throwball existed in the late middle ages, that's what the uniforms would look like.ReplyDelete
Bullet sprees are so passe.
for what it's worth, I like the new MD unis too... but then I like the flag (I think it's the only state flag with any character whatsoever); others seem not toReplyDelete
I'll pay attention to the Booker when it pays attention to you.ReplyDelete
Safe bet for many reasons, most pertaining to I figured out I'm a bad poet not a bad novelist, but most crucially, I'm not a British citizen or a citizen of a Commonwealth country.ReplyDelete
Well, fuck the fuck out of those fucking imperialist fuckers.ReplyDelete