I was scolded three times yesterday for again reiterating what a motherfucking authoritarian tool motherfucking Obama is, twice with a version of the refrain, o, I suppose you'd like Mitt Romney president with Republican majorities, and I love you all sincerely, but fuck that cheap slur. Saying Obama sucks isn't saying Romney doesn't (and there's no fucking chance in hell Mitt Romney is going to beat Obama, there is FAR LESS PROFIT FOR CORPORATE IF A REPUBLICAN WINS THE ELECTION, it would slow up the demolition charges Obama can plant that a Republican never could). Here's where we differ: I think the greatest significance of Obama's presidency is his gleeful expansion of executive power and violent endorsement of continued empire by any bloody means and his assault on the civil liberties of American citizens and you don't, and I haven't changed your mind yet and you haven't changed mine and we're not going to change each others no matter how often we have this motherfucking argument over the next ten shitty months of POTUS 12 and, Hey, did you know Washington DC has a professional soccer team?
- It's true, and I've mailed off our season ticket payments, meaning we've done more this offseason than DC United!
- United will pick 7th in MLS draft today.
- At least one friend at Thurday Night Pints tonight will use the "so, I guess you'd rather have Romney win" slur; you can guess my response.
- Cognitive discourse. Yes.
- It's not terrorism is Americans do it.
- Occupy and the urgency of inclusion.
- I was shitting you people - a message from Ayn Rand.
- Fine representation.
- UPDATE! On the above.
- UPDATE! On the above.
- Why the Tea Party needs Mitt.
- Look at the far right go after Mitt from the left.
- Newt skullfucks Mitt.
- The situation in American waffles.
- Wheaton! as Adams Morgan?
- Purple Line!
- Why do libraries smell that way?
- Want some Bukowski?
- Comparing hatchets.
- Roxy Music remixed.
- Trailer for LCD Soundsystem's documentary on last show. This is true: Planet is dating the nice guy she is because, in a tangential way, she fell in love with LCD Soundsystem from listening to me play it in my car.
- Morton Feldman born 86 years ago today. More later, or not.
YOU GO TO SCHOOL TO LEARN
You go to school to learn to
read and add, to someday
make some money. It - money - makes
sense: you need
a better tractor, an addition
to the gameroom, you prefer
to buy your beancurd by the barrel.
There's no other way to get the goods
you need. Besides, it keeps people busy
working - for it.
It's sensible and, therefore, you go
to school to learn (and the teacher,
having learned, gets paid to teach you) how
to get it. Fine. But:
you're taught away from poetry
or, say, dancing (That's nice, dear,
but there's no dough in it). No poem
ever bought a hamburger, or not too many. It's true,
and so, every morning - it's still dark! -
you see them, the children, like angels
being marched off to execution,
or banks. Their bodies luminous
in headlights. Going to school.