- No rule of law.
- Corporate's manipulation of democracy.
- O Ye of too much faith.
- On Faith of the Faithless.
- Drones are paranoid androids.
- Our weird politics.
- Eugene Robinson says BE AFRAID!
- Hobsbawn remembers Judt.
- A short history of eggs.
- On some faraway beach.
- Bernhard, for those of you who do.
- Why couldn't Yo La Tengo open for Lambchop this past Monday?
- Magnificent obsession.
- Please rise.
- The man who loved beer.
- RIP Jonathan Frid. UPDATE! Link fixed.
- RIP Levon Helms.
- Shoot me.
- Paul Westerberg's song for Sylvia Plath.
Now in bed suddenly I remember having rescued a spider from the
bathtub this morning. I imagined that I had established rapport with my
environment. I observed the spider eerily. I was in harmony with my life and
times. Not only will things go on but this going on will repeat.
After all, I can vow kindness in relation to something I cannot know.
The spider, when it appears within a "range of alternatives," will be
rescued - dished out of the nicked and polished porcelain tub and knocked
onto the shrubbery just outside the open window.
Of course, it will not be the same spider each time but one in a
sequence of spiders.