Not laziness, not weariness, not what-the-fuckness, some what I started I haven't finished as I want it, but mostly because all I want for today's monologue is wishing Happy 53rd Birthday to Danny Husk, Buddy Cole, Queen Elizabeth, and Francesca Fiore.
- Another world.
- Otherwise known as propaganda.
- Don't be fooled.
- Capture the flag or: another divine comedy.
- He is a motherfucker.
- Police state.
- Today is Kill List Tuesday!
- Police state.
- Obromney v Rombama.
- Obama's intellectual striptease.
- Villager court jester laughs at Obama.
- How to fake your way through Hegel.
- Again, I urge you to look for new sites on the blogrolls, especially Because Left.
- Poetry and utopia.
- Charles Olson reading.
- Josipovici, for those of you who do. I have access to multiple university library stacks (which means some of you have access to multiple university library stacks if you say please), none have bought the new novel as of the second I type this sentence's period.
- She's on the short list of rotating spots on my Sillyass Desert Island.
- Three wonderful hours.
In goes the cafeteria worker in her hairnet.
In goes the philosophy teacher
explaining the theory of eternal
return, and Anton Stadler with his clarinet,
still owing money to Mozart. In
goes Mozart. Everyone flopped into the creel
of the happy fisherman, everyone eaten.
Every river is Lethean,
so why should we care
if it’s not the same river? I hate
how everything changes, tree
to failing term paper, chatelaine
to beheaded plotter, drug dealer to narc.
The heart softening faster than cereal
but then hardening to a relic
which turns into another line
of depressed poetry to recite
to the next eager trainee
anxious to be more than lint.
Going up, you’re also going down, so either
way, as your mother said, Be nice.
When she went in, she was very thin.
Earth, air, fire, water, mother.
Fish pulse slowly under the river ice.