I woke up yesterday morning with the above song in my head and posted it at 8:15 EDT. I don't know why it was in my head, though I love the song. Exactly five hours later The Quietus posts news of a new Beth Orton album and links to a new song. The astonishing grace of Serendipity always rubs my faith shiny and new. Beyond the happy coincidence of the Orton songs, an opportunity for an opening monologue during an incredibly busy two days, so songs, links, poem.
- On lesser-evilism. Includes photo of and quote from my governor.
- The myth of America.
- Anthropology of unequal society.
- Drone pilots to get medals for bravery!
- Police state.
- Weimar America.
- Banksters' Paradise.
- Oligarchy in the USSA.
- Down with the Supremes.
- Bobo blames you, bitch.
- The politics of getting a life.
- Apologies to Mexico.
- Rat race.
- Why links matter. It's a matter of Kindness as well as spreading info. As always, thanks for reading, check out the folks on blogrolls, if you're Kinding me and me not you, please let me know.
- So, Levien says he'll use a machete. Well, fuck-me-jig, he'll need one.
- A note of caution on Thorir.
- Heh, Woolard makes Ives second team.
- Dempsey to be a Scouser?
- Andy Goldsworthy is one of Earthgirl's favorite artists.
- Good news! Thanks to you and 735 other backers, FREEFORM OR DEATH, a documentary about WFMU has been successfully funded. If you were one of the other 734, thanks.
- RIP Lol Coxhill, who I first heard on WFMU.
- Two birthdays today, neither of whom were ever major favorites, though both were on the soundtrack of some good years. Vega is 53 today, Murphy 55.
Our phone call spilled out into the dark
and glittered between the countryside and the town
like the mess of a knife-fight.
Afterwards, all night jittery and spent in the hotel bed,
I dreamt I was the needle in a compass
some orienteer bore through the forest with a spinning heart.