Holyfuck, just released. So good (I posted the blue last night in a fit of unsuppressible exaltation). Ten bucks at iPlace, buy it. Be complicit like me. Third time through, it's beyond cubing, quadrupling, beyond whatever that creepy backwards calculus E-thingee that square roots live in does. Holyfuck, indulging my rube, I haven't since... holyfuck, I needed this. HEY! Mr Alarum found it this morning on Spotify! HEY! Look at the first three comments I've received at the reformatted one of two other places!
- It's fascinating to me to watch me set up a format-free place and fear posting for fear of setting a format, though the main reason for the relocated other place is MOTHERFUCKING BLOOGER, which now won't let me change link colors, so bulletpoints return.
- Origins of neo-liberalism, part two.
- Totalitarian undercurrents.
- Is Occupy dead?
- Groping the truth.
- Idle no more?
- Why he's an atheist.
- How to talk about the weather.
- Things you might have missed.
- Did you know Washington DC has a professional soccer team?
- On adapting Pynchon's Inherent Vice into a movie.
- Death of a literary magazine.
- New volume of Frank Bidart poetry in 2013!
- Robinson Jeffers was born 126 years ago today.
- Frank O'Hara.
- Part of last night's soundtrack.
- Nine fuck noes, one please no.
- Here's the new Bowie for the three of you who haven't seen it. I've upgraded my opinion from ugh to meh, and I accept my share of the blame for the mehhing - I don't much like ballads.
ROCK AND HAWK
Here is a symbol in which
Many high tragic thoughts
Watch their own eyes.
This gray rock, standing tall
On the headland, where the seawind
Lets no trees grow,
Earthquake-proved, and signatured
By ages of storms: on its peak
A falcon has perched.
I think, here is you emblem
To hang in the future sky;
Not the cross, not the hive,
But this; bright power, dark peace;
Fierce consciousness joined with final
Life with calm death; the falcon's
Realist eyes and act
Married to the massive
Mysticism of stone,
Which failure cannot cast down
Nor success make proud.