That's the promised slideshow from this past Wednesday night's Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds show at Strathmore Music Center in South Rockville. Maybe the acoustics of a hall designed for classical music defuses the noise of a rock crowd, but seems to me Nick Cave worked harder than the audience, certainly on our tier, where one guy stood up to clap after the second song and was tugged down by his girlfriend before anyone had the chance to tell him to sit the fuck down. And watching the Strathmore docents’s faces as Cave sang Stagger Lee’s lyric I’ll crawl over five good pussies to get to one fat boy’s asshole was almost worth the price of admission itself.
- That was the first song in the encore.
- Shown no mercy in St Francois County Missouri.
- Facing denial in climate change debate.
- This is my daily contribution to my surveillance.
- Foucault, for those of you who do.
- Abonilox surrenders.
- Who is God? So asked our dog.
- Why the rich don't give to charity.
- The Honest Courtesan's weekly links.
- Ugly carpets.
- Cities of sleep.
- No other result was conceivable.
- MLS isn't the only thing rinkydink in American soccer.
- Rinkydinkness in American ice-soccer. I thought they were on strike.
- Achebe and damnation of faint praise.
- Photographs of the interior of dictators' houses.
- Prunella's latest playlist.
- darkblack's Weekend Overnight.
- Hand-farting Simon and Garfunkel.
- I realize you're not going to listen to these Swan whole albums here now, so listen a few minutes each and bookmark for when you've the time.
Learn a trade
to sit and desk