- Jay Paleo Dirty 101 Arra Ol Bama, bud, recommends I add Rants from the Crib to Newest Gag. Thanks! Say Hi and send love to Old Salty for me please!
- John Abonilox, bud, recommends Conscious Entities to Newest Gag. Thanks! He writes about RIP George Jones yesterday. I don't know much about country music (which is on me), but I know who George Jones was.
- So that takes care of today and tomorrow. Suggestions solicited.
- Postcard from the End of America: Oakland.
- How to suck fascist dick.
- Related to the above.
- Long-timers can vouch I rate Elizabeth Drew as most honest Villager, so when she writes a column, even one I disagree with more than usual, I post it.
- And you're surprised why?
- Capitalism comes in many flavors?
- The terror of capitalism.
- Everything is rigged.
- DINOs versus a new platform?
- Deleted smallness on my part. Apologies. I'll tell the related story another time, or not.
- What's with the Bartok? United plays tonight in Columbus (minus Chris Pontius who pulled a groin, I remember turning to this guy and saying, why the fuck is Ben Olsen having a guy with a history of groin pulls take the free kicks?), I'm not going to watch because I'll be in Strathmore with Earthgirl listening to the BSO do that Bartok and Brahm's First Symphony.
- I had not seen this (thanks @AnotherSpammer) re: mandatory and compulsory patriotism at sporting events. I had been watching a Nats game in my determined pursuit of ending my flirtation with the disease, and apparently at Nats Park patrons are required to stand up some mid-inning and wave their hats in support of military.
- I've lived in suburban DC for 47 years, my twitter feed is exploding in angst over the firing of Jack Diamond, I have to ask: who the hell is Jack Diamond?
- MOCO FAIL!
- William Gass interview.
- Anthony's weekly litlinks.
- He also recommends this interview w/Bernard Stiegler (who I was completely unaware of).
- Proust, for those of you who do (or wish they could).
- The Bartok piece only has three movements, so you get a Penderecki after the poem.
THE WAY CLEAR
Now we're in superspace even the tiniest
rivet is sentient participating
particle emptiness proximal set
it's got to be around here someplace and closing
can't live long in a can space is
a continual enchantment of the nonoriginary
hello Mother don't knock it
there are spiral pitfalls a collapse below
the infinitesimal though limitless leeway
your thought does not persist on most levels
transfers not much of anywhere
points you can hear the valences lifting
gear-pure but cancel even that
go back you forgot the cat