- When E asked if I've seen an uptick in hits on this blog from Utah and I said yes, just in the past six months, she then smiled, I must have blanched, then I said, but none have been dot govs, then E laughed, said they're friends of ours, A turned them on to your blog, they like the music, then I laughed. A pleasure meeting E, a joy seeing A.
- E told stories of her surveillance and harassment, her treatment by OPD during Occupy. Yoinks.
- To the right of Reagan.
- The lamentable sigh of the depressed progressive.
- Joan Walsh considers today's most important story the return of Sarah Palin to Fox News.
- Opt out of PRISM.
- Finnegan's Wake, Gerald Manley Hopkins, and the NSA.
- The five uncontrollable urges of the surveillance state.
- Insubordination and the surveillance state.
- Swarming state power.
- Don't worry about the government.
- Killing the American University in five easy steps. There was much discussion at BBQ about how fucked the old University model has become, how much more fucked the new model will be.
- He saw a stranger crying in public.
- New Inquiry's Sunday links.
- A brief history of DC United's, with two exceptions, lame-ass foreign signings.
- New sites added to Newest Gag the Second, yo.
- Silliman's always generous lit-links.
- Ambiguously arthrous band names. There are time when I'm glad I'm not a linguist.
WELTENDE VARIATION #1
The CIA and the KGB exchange Christmas cards
A blade snaps in two during an autopsy
The bouquet Bluebeard gave his first date reblooms
Many protest the public stoning of a guitar pick
Railroad trains drop off the bourgeois’ pointy head
A martyr sticks a coffeecup out under a firehose
Moviestars make hyenas lick their spaceship
God’s hand descends into a glove held steady by the police
At their reunion The New Faces recognize each other
A spoiled child sleeps inside a thermometer
A single misprint in a survival manual kills everyone
The peace night makes according to the world comes