- Any questions about the mean pettiness of our overlords?
- UPDATE! Ladies and gentleman, meet the next great Greenwald smear-meme.
- How to create a dictatorship.
- Because they can.
- UPDATE! Four points.
- Andrew Sullivan nears his obamapostasy?
- UPDATE! Just to be clear, rhetorical question directly above.
- UPDATE! Atrios' obamapostasy will never be ready.
- UPDATE! Digby's obamapostasy will never be ready.
- UPDATE! Drum's obamapostasy will never be ready, though he does have a tiny epiphany.
- There is not one Democrat of national significance speaking out forcefully and confrontationally against Obama.
- UPDATE! Local v national.
- The ecstasy of capitulation.
- Snowden leaks: the real take-home?
- Patriot or traitor, the choice is yours?
- Strategizing the end of neoliberalism?
- Psychopathology of the drone.
- A nation of truthers.
- The ritual theater of progress.
- Beyond blame? Society of blame: a synopsis.
- Mr Abonilox recommends this Nagel column on The Core of Mind and Cosmos.
- What is realism?
- So yes, the bleg's rearrangement continues, as always in service to my reminding myself What the Fuck. A couple of the blogrolls have changed spots. Nobody has been deleted.
- Happy Birthday, Mumpsimus.
- Cannon Fodder, part one.
- Conversion table.
SUICIDE'S NOTE: AN ANNUAL
I hope you’ve been taken up by Jesus
though so many decades have passed, so far apart we’d grown
between love transmogrifying into hate and those sad letters
and phone calls and your face vanishing into a noose that
today name the gods
you at the end worshipped, if any, praise being
impossible for the devoutly miserable. And screw my church who’d
roast in Hell poor suffering
bastards like you, unable to bear the masks
of their own faces. With words you sought to shape
a world alternate to the one that dared
inscribe itself so ruthlessly across your eyes, for you
could not, could never
fully refute the actual or justify the sad heft of your body, earn
your rightful space or pay for the parcels of oxygen you
inherited. More than once you asked
that I breathe into your lungs like the soprano in the opera
I loved so my ghost might inhabit you and you ingest my belief
in your otherwise-only-probable soul. I wonder does your
death feel like failure to everybody who ever
loved you as if our collective cpr stopped
too soon, the defib paddles lost charge, the corpse
punished us by never sitting up. And forgive my conviction
that every suicide’s an asshole. There is a good reason I am not
God, for I would cruelly smite the self-smitten.
I just wanted to say ha-ha, despite
your best efforts you are every second
alive in a hard-gnawing way for all who breathed you deeply in,
each set of lungs, those rosy implanted wings, pink balloons.
We sigh you out into air and watch you rise like rain.