- Sonic Youth is no more, doesn't mean there's no new Kim Gordon music. Downloaded Body/Head yesterday, you should today.
- When the state floods the zone reform is dead.
- Metadata = surveillance.
- Cliff notes for a pile-on.
- Samantha Powers has a sad.
- The answer is no. What will save the university are bogus masters and certificate programs awarded for the students' checks clearing, or at least that what provosts are betting on. And yes, the provosts have a different definition of what saving the university is than you or me.
- How different is de Blasio?
- My future hell.
- Blimp hovers over Frederick!
- Silicon and surveillance. Another review of Pynchon's Bleeding Edge that I'm bookmarking here to read after I've finished the novel. Halfway, it's OK, I'd be lying if I said it was love.
- The Ideal English Major (h/t wood s lot)
- The boy with spirograph eyes.
- RIP Alvaro Mutis. I cannot recommend the novellas of Maqroll highly enough. I've two extra copies, who wants one?
- UPDATE! Here's on obit from The Guardian.
- Quick question.
- Love Song.
- Tomorrow is a High Egoslavian Holy Day. Get your Shostakovich request in soon. Or not.
THE COUNTRY AUTUMNS
But it could not be brought to see what it
could be brought. And the leaves are
away again, teamed. A parent at the
last and a parent in the middle. And
as stones I thought it right.
Two plates, and on the other side all the
forest pieces. The clock says stay.
The books lower the earth, and in gardens
flat stones spin. The volume was of waiting.
Today is today, until the preposition taken up.
Next to the tree sways.
The sky in pieces the leaves part the
leaves piece together. To and from a hand
given all directions. The bark comes from
below. Takes from the books of the moves under
the sky. Speaker holds up the talks held last.
Motors the dust and the yellow syllables.
A slant on which was never here or