- Was there.
- We had a scare. All's fine and, as a result of the scare, certain things will get much better.
- Perspective, to a point, regained. Regained in the sense of what's immediately important, regained in the sense of what's distantly important. Regained in the sense of what's futile to worry and fix and what's not, not regained in the sense of ceasing to rage against what's futile. I know I keep saying this: I was trained to engage, my current classes in shutting the fuck up and sitting the fuck down (to put it in another cliche, to know what I can and can't change) - here, as before, I'm an autodidact - not going so well. Or it's going great. Death to the Either/Or.
- The World Is Too Much with Us.
- The mind of a motherfucking cop: Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you. Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me. Most field stops are complete in minutes. How difficult is it to cooperate for that long?
- Thriving on horrific events.
- From the Holocaust to the Gaza massacre.
- The Cult of Bombing.
- Who is an "outside agitator?"
- Was there.
- Click Fugazi tab for much more.
- Yesterday in knowing what I can and can't change, or to put it another way, demonstrating my cowardice/wisdom: there is a professor here at Illhoptay who is a renowned imperialism-defending pig. I checked out books to her while she was telling a colleague that Gaza should be razed and all survivors shipped to Jordan in cattle cars. I said..... nothing. Revolution!
- United starts play on CONCACAF Champs League tonight at home. Not going.
- Food links.
- Allen Grossman, for those of you who do.
- Joanna Russ, for those of you who do.
- Anne Carson, for those of you who do.
- Stockhausen, for those of you who do.
- Ian MacKaye interview. Found yesterday, hence today's Fugazi.