- Was there.
- We had a scare. All's fine and, as a result of the scare, certain things will get much better.
- Perspective, to a point, regained. Regained in the sense of what's immediately important, regained in the sense of what's distantly important. Regained in the sense of what's futile to worry and fix and what's not, not regained in the sense of ceasing to rage against what's futile. I know I keep saying this: I was trained to engage, my current classes in shutting the fuck up and sitting the fuck down (to put it in another cliche, to know what I can and can't change) - here, as before, I'm an autodidact - not going so well. Or it's going great. Death to the Either/Or.
- The World Is Too Much with Us.
- The mind of a motherfucking cop: Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you. Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me. Most field stops are complete in minutes. How difficult is it to cooperate for that long?
- Thriving on horrific events.
- From the Holocaust to the Gaza massacre.
- The Cult of Bombing.
- Who is an "outside agitator?"
- Was there.
- Click Fugazi tab for much more.
- Yesterday in knowing what I can and can't change, or to put it another way, demonstrating my cowardice/wisdom: there is a professor here at Illhoptay who is a renowned imperialism-defending pig. I checked out books to her while she was telling a colleague that Gaza should be razed and all survivors shipped to Jordan in cattle cars. I said..... nothing. Revolution!
- United starts play on CONCACAF Champs League tonight at home. Not going.
- Food links.
- Allen Grossman, for those of you who do.
- Joanna Russ, for those of you who do.
- Anne Carson, for those of you who do.
- Stockhausen, for those of you who do.
- Ian MacKaye interview. Found yesterday, hence today's Fugazi.
Hope all is well or at least well-ing.ReplyDelete
The mind of a motherfucking cop:ReplyDelete
Fascism: the same in every language.
with regard to the professor advocating urban renewal and resettlement as a solution to the gaza situation - refraining from commenting on that issue to her, and to the people listening to her, was probably the best thing you could have done at that time and place - life goes on within you and without youReplyDelete
fug' always reminds me of davidly for some reason, more than the lean body agility, /and with someth. of the fug' also ..thoughts of the energy of anger that makes someth. of me float through the streets .. . / the advice in the globe and mail here last weekend ,that i picked up off a table in a cafe , advice in the after of williams d., is to walk, out in the air of life (my wording ) , /i spoke with a man last after noon, seven of his films well known here , one of the mentions to him that i spoke on at length of what i know of effect ,in our back and forth , someth. will be coming out of that talking with . ..and out to a different airing of , anger is energy (and the varying on ang er ) , of this wom' s work , here in the street, street level is the only ..effective .. . /men come down to eart hReplyDelete
and ag. ..forgive me for assuming that you would know who mike scott was (in my mention of my dating a man that looks like the aging mike scott ), he was well known by those our age here in the 80s, /but i may be more knowing of because of how his first album came to me , from a friend of his , saying - " i don't know who mike is singing about there ..i'll ask him some day ,but you are .. ".. .. " .. You held it in your handsReplyDelete
I had flashes
But you saw the plan
I wandered out in the world for years
While you just stayed in your room
I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon .. " that is you