- Beefheart born seventy-four years ago today. High Egoslavian Holy Day. You know of my love, my love love love, rather than repeat it again here have boatloads of songs and love here.
- The propaganda war: the horrow of the Paris rallies.
- I find myself hollowed and enraged by the general reaction to the Paris shootings to the point I still have trouble typing a coherent paragraph capturing that hollowness and rage. We are being prepared to slaughter and be slaughtered. The diminution of the value of life - human, animal, planet, all living things - is accelerating. I... my daughter will be my age in 2047, what the fuck world....
- As I type this, the screaming banner across the top of the Washington Post is..... OSCAR NOMINATIONS! Fuck me.
- Fear, the ultimate trump card.
- American priorities.
- Caught up in the Cult Wars.
- On the supersonic track to extinction.
- Joe Biden is the creepy uncle you avoided at family reunions.
- March of the Squirrels.
- Food links.
- Gaddis, for those of you who do, for those of you who should.
- Why he listens to sad music.
- Panda Bear's favorite albums. WFMU has been playing the new Panda Bear, it's freaking good. I mentioned to a friend a couple of weeks ago how strange it is that Animal Collective has fallen so far from my consciousness considering how much I once listened to them.
- Advertising in poetry.
- Anthony Hecht's birthday tomorrow.
Now he has silver in him. When sometime
Death shall boil down unnecessary fat
To reach the nub of our identity,
When in the run of crime
The skull is rifled for the gold in teeth,
And chemistry has eaten from the spine
Superfluous life and vigor, why then he
Will show a richness to be wondered at,
And shall be thought a mine
Whose claim and stake are stone and floral wreath.
The body burns away, and burning gives
Light to the eye and moisture to the lip
And warmth to our desires, but it burns
Whatever body lives
Into extinction though it wear a plate
Of armor in it: therefore do we thrive
In fear of fire, in terror of the ship
That carries us to fire. A soldier learns
To bear the silver weight
Where in his head the fire is most alive.
the flopp y boot stomp,i keep for getting to say how much i love that painted cover shiny beast,pin k,bat chain puller / tow 'er / \ / lhasa de sela had a song .. i'm going in .. i played it over and over and over ag. a few yrs back to make me brave , she passed away a few years ago as you all should know , /an d now a turn .. anne/lesle y is coming out,and it is not to do with 'er sh' shares 'er day of birth with anais nin .. . .. . /sh' held a plate to the moonReplyDelete
War? Panic? Mass flooding? Extinction?ReplyDelete
Top o' the morning to you, too!