- Yes, I've posted the above and below before. Stayed up till three reading Josipovici's novel? novella? Hotel Andromeda in one sitting, fell asleep, still feverish and thinking about the novel? novella? dreamt about the above and below.
- Amnesia versus memory in geopolitics.
- A monster dies and the world mourns.
- Triskelion weltanschauung.
- Necessity, immensity, crisis.
- How the CIA made google.
- New Moon (not dark yet).
- When prophecy fails, an Ultravox songs.
- Packing several apologist moves into two dialogues.
- Creative writing and literary study.
- Jacob Russell's Magic Names. Please change your bookmarks and blogrolls accordingly. And call him Goby.
- RIP Ernie Banks.
- Everybody who is dead.
- Click the Zoviet France tag for more.
- Suggestions for which Josipovici novels? novellas? to read next solicited.
- I don't book review, so there won't be one for Hotel Andromeda, and I may not write more about it than this, and I recognize I bring (and have always brought) my concerns of the day to whatever text I am reading and weave them into the themes of the authors as if they are the author's, but the novel? novella? addresses the concern of whattayagonnadoo that matters in a deeply shitty world and what the fuck good is any good you do.
These guys try to make us
match moods to products
the way once,
under love’s spell,
we attached meaning
attached sounds to objects.
The old magic won’t work now,
but it’s nice
to be reminded of it.
She’s a tease,
tears her skirts off
one by one.
Drops her petals
as if she could always
what she looks like
On a cold night,
we can see forever.
Thanks for linking, but link seems to be headed elsewhere.ReplyDelete
As for Scherzer, exciting move, no profit margin (which is fine, just how it goes with superstars), likely to be excellent the first few years, a C.C. Sabathian drag the last few years. I'd think about moving Strasburg (cuz he's gonna cost a fortune to keep and injury risk is high for SPs, especially heat-throwing already-repaired SPs) for a solid middle-of-the-order guy on a reasonable long-term deal. This guy suggests Mookie Betts: http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewkory/2015/01/22/cole-hamels-stephen-strasburg-comparing-trade-values-of-two-aces/
Fixed, my apologies.Delete
I've heard the Red Sox angle too but (a) Red Sox worry Strasburg - who is easily freaked out into shittiness - would freak out at Green Monster and (b) Nats want Betts and some other top prospect (whose name I forget, sorry) Red Sox won't trade.
But yes, Scherzer deal is smart for win now - if he gives them anything significant 2018 + that's bonus.