- At 8:25 EDT last night I had cnngo cued up - I had talked myself into watching the debate - and live-writing it in tablet, see above! I must have been feverish, hallucinating: I felt this urgent responsibility to witness what everyone would be talking about today, these motherfucking Democrats. Suddenly, capitalism to the rescue: Commercials - the Democratic Party Presidential Debate brought to you by Norfolk Southern and the New York Stock Exchange. Fuck that. Then the CNN intro, voiced-over by a Monster Truck Rally barker over wrestling promo speed cutaway photos of the contestants in as angry a pose as the CNN photo librarian could find: DEMOCRATS! RAGE IN A CAGE MATCH! And fuck that too. Listened to my newest prized possession instead. Win.
- I vote for this owl.
- Learning how to die in the Anthropocene.
- Last night's debate: the Big Meh.
- How did the Democrats become the party of the rich?
- What is the value of a stone?
- Welcome to the Terrordome.
- Mike Rizzo can permanently kill my remaining Nats damn by hiring Dusty Fucking Baker.
- I think my Nats damn is dead anyway.
- Also too: six poems for E.E. Cummings 121st birthday.
- Yes, the poem below makes me think of this, but Swans, motherfuckers, today.
- Ed reviews Ishiguro's Buried Giant.
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
whistles far and wee
and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
when the world is puddle-wonderful
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing
from hop-scotch and jump-rope and