- I had a pint with an acquaintance last night. Ben Carson, she said, Ben Carson Ben Carson Ben Carson Ben Carson. You realize, I said, the more hyperbolic the anti-Carson rhetoric gets the stronger his position for the GOP POTUS nomination becomes. She said, Ben Carson Ben Carson Ben Carson Ben Carson. Ben Carson. Tomorrow morning, I said, four people from tech services will wander the Library chanting Happy Friday! at anyone they see, I want to brain each of them with a shovel, but won't. What? she said. I said, this reminds me of a Nouvelle Vague song.
- UPDATE! The pint drank last night, the above written this morning before today's Carson/West Point story dropped. His getting called on a lie by his - and his followers' - sworn enemies only enhances Carson's credibility with his followers. This phenomenon is not exclusive to Carson in particular and Republicans in general, yo.
- UPDATE! Narratives of redemption.
- Head-chopper's ball.
- What rules.
- Desperate man.
- The native peoples of the Chesapeake Bay region.
UPDATE! Fleabus did not win 2016 WFMU Mascot Contest.
A chinchilla, a motherfucking chinchilla holding a WFMU member card won.
- France and the making of John Ashbery.
- By the shores of Gitchee Goo Me.
- On the new SUNN O))), out this December.
- The last dream of the beast.
- Past selves, meet yesterday's flood. I know this, of course, but someone else does to journals what I do to journals. This from 2012: