My Hillaryite Friend knows HRC wins barring the unforeseen, thinks the unforeseen still possible but less day minus day. One of my Hillaryite Colleagues plays a nervous wreck* but isn't, one's genuinely worried: the former's more annoying than the latter. I have more faith in the unforeseen than you do, I said to my Hillaryite Friend, though now I can't imagine anything outside a violently shocking event - terrorist bombings in the Homeland, brink of real war with Russia, assassination of either candidate - that would swing the election dramatically and, outside the assassinated candidate is HRC, I can't imagine anything would help Trump.
HF said, my parents are life-long Republicans, my mom has to say she's voting for Trump but she won't, all her friends are the same. They won't vote for Hillary, but they won't vote for Trump, will come out of booth and say they did. My mom said, I don't want my brother Bob or my asshole boss Dickhead president. I said, one of the ironies of this election is the Democratic argument that a woman CAN be a Dickhead as good or better than a man. This election is smashing the sexist meme that men are innately bigger assholes than women. Hillaryite Friend said, thank god for Wikeleaks.
- Thanks to those who chimed-in on Galeano. I'll do them now and then. Sorry for the mope.
- >> Deleted bleggalgaze << My small gift as thanks.
- As I type this sentence Friday morning Twitter has crashed. Weird.
- UPDATE! Apparently a cyber attack, a big one, not just twitter.
- As I type this sentence Friday morning I'm listening to Act One: King of the Mountain, live Kate Bush from the 2014 London shows, iTunes dropped it into my library last night!
- Instant review: Holy fuck.
- *Hillaryite Colleague is furious at wikileaks. Why, HC says, aren't they hacking Trump? So your issue, I said, isn't the ethical problems of hacking but who is being hacked? Fuck you, HC said.
- The future hiding in plain sight.
- This is true: on Wednesday I grabbed from stacks Henry Green's Back. I am tunneled. The digging is slow. I need sherbet, try the Green. I loved it, couldn't put it down until my eyes quit. First thing Thursday, back, the fuck? The novel didn't change over night. Fine metaphors abound.
- Gravity's Rainbow, page 364.
- At ten o'clock this morning I'm buying tickets for Magnetic Fields in DC in March. New album, 50 Songs, dropping in a few months.
- UPDATE! Sweet.
- New Flaming Lips. No long follow along (not gah, meh), still listen to the first three, released 300 years ago...
- My friend Kapusta (aka Prunella) tweeted out a Thalia Zedek song last night, so....
Note who's got to go
today, don't fuss
about the means,
just go ahead behead,
impale, starve, strappado,
of choices enough
to make a crown
crow. They never
loved me enough.
It must be said: They
were a disappointment.
When divine mother
love wears out, I
reverse the robe
from blue to red.
I like a flat ground
to build the next town,
city, empire of disgust.
All the waste you see,
that's what I did,
none of that happened
to me. I did that.
I made that. I killed that. I.