- Robert Wyatt is 72 today. Lots more here.
- I thought twitter killed Blegsylvania, but nothing compared to Trump-twitter. Look at the blegrolls.
- I don't need daily document Motherfucking Trump, do I?
- Some concrete ways to resist.
- I don't need daily document Motherfucking Democrats, do I?
- Motherfucking Democrats.
- Thesis: until and unless the Clintons announce neither they nor their motherfucking corpses will ever run for POTUS again.... and not even fucking then.
- Box score up to now.
- Liberalism as class warfare.
- Tribes. I like - really really like - but don't love Coover, but the prospect of reading his post-Huck Huck doesn't appeal at all.
- Supporting resistance.
- Those who think they remember history.
- She was a teenage activist.
- Bimonthly plea to throw Arthur the coins in your pocket.
- Bike tyre in a tree.
Some dictator or other had gone into exile, and now reports were coming about his regime,
the usual crimes, torture, false imprisonment, cruelty and corruption, but then a detail:
that the way his henchmen had disposed of enemies was by hammering nails into their skulls.
Horror, then, what mind does after horror, after that first feeling that you’ll never catch your breath,
mind imagines—how not be annihilated by it?—the preliminary tap, feels it in the tendons of the hand,
feels the way you do with your nail when you’re fixing something, making something, shelves, a bed;
the first light tap to set the slant, and then the slightly harder tap, to em-bed the tip a little more ...
No, no more: this should be happening in myth, in stone, or paint, not in reality, not here;
it should be an emblem of itself, not itself, something that would mean, not really have to happen,
something to go out, expand in implication from that unmoved mass of matter in the breast;
as in the image of an anguished face, in grief for us, not us as us, us as in a myth, a moral tale,
a way to tell the truth that grief is limitless, a way to tell us we must always understand
it’s we who do such things, we who set the slant, embed the tip, lift the sledge and drive the nail,
drive the nail which is the axis upon which turns the brutal human world upon the world.