- Baltimore, yesterday morning, 5:40. Photo by Earthgirl.
- All's fine, was a planned Baltimore at 5:40 in morning thing.
- It means disc yesterday, disc today, disc Saturday.
- Retribalization. As in kin, by design by the unKind.
- Life in the Fuckyouocene.
- The primacy of the Fuck You.
- We are being assholocized.
- The Rise of the Auto-Complete Culture.
- See Tate poem below.
- Genocidal culture busker haircut #6.
- Very little Britain.
- Brighton Dam. On my long drives to RFK for United games (which I miss far more than United games) I would cross Brighton Dam from MOCO to Howard.
- Jim on the process of Jim's new novel.
- If you ask him, he'd probably welcome your reading it and feed back.
- I did this for someone five years ago, forgive me, never again (even if I did trust my reading, which I don't).
- Bronk, who I've never got, I mentioned to one of his apostles last week.
- The History of Punk Rock in 200 Tracks.
A KNOCK ON THE DOOR
They ask me if I've ever thought about the end of
the world, and I say, "Come in, come in, let me
give you some lunch, for God's sake." After a few
bites it's the afterlife they want to talk about.
"Ouch," I say, "did you see that grape leaf
skeletonizer?" Then they're talking about
redemption and the chosen few sitting right by
His side. "Doing what?" I ask. "Just sitting?" I
am surrounded by burned up zombies. "Let's
have some lemon chiffon pie I bought yesterday
at the 3 Dog Bakery." But they want to talk about
my soul. I'm getting drowsy and see butterflies
everywhere. "Would you gentlemen like to take a
nap, I know I would." They stand and back away
from me, out the door, walking toward my
neighbors, a black cloud over their heads and
they see nothing without end.
1)when missionaries knock at my door i recite to them "the prayer of st. francis" - so far no one has hung around for the homily on the topic which i glad to extemporizeReplyDelete
2)i really like tate's poem about the conversion process, "it happens like this"
see comments at
Wow! thanks for the link. I figured I'd fallen off your radar after several months of unannounced interweb silence. And yes, I welcome beta readers (recognizing now your personal predilection against being same).ReplyDelete