We've identified four hikes from last year we must do again.
Three hikes we didn't get to last year. We'll do them first, starting Friday in Schoodic.
Reminder: all but two posts a year not tagged My Complicity.
Tomorrow is also one of Egoslavia's Highest Holy Days and the post is already in the tube.
I won't pretend to any intention of disconnecting from the clusterfuck on vacation.
- No, that Highest Egoslavian Holy Day, that's....
- My stupid McCain Worship trigger.
- Triggered my I Hate Motherfucking Democrats trigger.
- Still a fucking mark, I'm your obedient servant, etc.....
- A Guide to Facing the Ecocide.
- Trump and the Trumpists. (If you only read one, make it this one.)
- She will never fuck off to the sea.
- Exultant among the Drumpfjugend.
- The Age of Detesting Trump:
- Kamala Harris and The Oligarchs.
- An enemy of the sheeple.
- On the unbearable closeness of others.
WILL BUY ON TARMAC OF NATIONAL TOMORROW OR IN MAINE, DEPENDING ON WHEN THEY GO ON SALE!
WHO WANTS A TICKET?
- Adrift just off the Islets of Langerhans.
- My Three Ferals, starring Fred McBLCKDGRD.
- New Mark Ford poem.
- On Archie Ammons. who is one year older and sixteen years deader than tomorrow's 90th birthday.
DEAR SIR OR MADAM
After only a week of taking your pills
I confess I am seized with boundless energy:
My plate fills up even as I scarf vegetable fragments
from the lucent blue around us. My firmament,
as I see it, was never this impartial.
The body's discomfiture, bodies of moonlight beggars,
sex in all its strangeness: Everything conspires
to hide the mess of inner living, raze
the skyscraper of inching desire.
Kill the grandchildren, leave a trail
of paper over the long interesting paths in the wood.
Transgress. In a word, be other than yourself
in turning into your love-soaked opposite. Plant
his parterre with antlers, burping
status of when-was-the-last-time-you-saw Eros;
go get a job in the monument industry.
Be safe and full o' joy on the trail. I'd say not to worry, we'll keep the Cluster warm for you while you're away -- but the Cluster is radioactive, and so contains its own heat source.ReplyDelete
speaking of trails, ralph waldo emerson wrote "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."*ReplyDelete
i suppose this is good advice sometimes - other times, not so much
*this is the motto of the emerson collective, a philanthropy headed by steve jobs' widow which has just bought most of 'the atlantic' magazine