Old story: I got kicked out of the Boy Scouts, Troop 1097. I was in Pink Panther Patrol before graduating to Senior Patrol. I made it to Life. I would never have made it to Eagle - Lifesaving is a gold Merit Badge, required, and I am a weak swimmer. Which isn't why I was kicked out.
1097 wasn't political or paramilitary. One adult wanted it to be, but he was mocked by us and ignored by the other adults. I probably would have discovered how much I love hiking, love deep woods, without the Boy Scouts, but I discovered I love hiking, love deep woods, while in the Boy Scouts.
Most fun Trump has had as POTUS, nuremberging Boy Scouts yesterday. What he imagines a Boy Scouts to be is the citizen authoritarians want you to be.
- The Democrats: the party that wants to die but can't pull the plug.
- Orange be new added links, yo.
- Pardon me.
- On stubborn facts and partisan identification.
- Anointing populists in the Hamptons.
- Necrocapitalism, or: The Value of Black Death.
- Imperialism is the world-monster.
- Bog standard, gold standard.
- On Chapo Trap House. TBH, I've never listened - I follow two of them on twaater. But yes, we're all fucking complicit.
- Mobius curve: the more the mocked deserve mocking the more the mocked hate the mockers the more they become mockable over and over and over again. Everyone serves.
- Octopus as intelligent alien.
- I drive under this on way home from work every day.
- Minutemen kinda day.