Earthgirl and I hiked beloved Sugarloaf Thursday. There, like everywhere we've hiked the past two weeks, the acorniest either of us remember in recent years. Millions, they carpet the trails, the woods, in as many shapes, sizes, and colors as I've ever since the last until the next. Gems, gorgeous. Will break your ankles if you lose focus, boots spinning out. Mast for fattening deer and squirrel before a hard winter. Bodes boom for KABOOM foliage.
All I want to do is hike with Earthgirl, and I'm going to! today! soon!
UPDATE! Today's hike.
Nick Cave was sixty yesterday. If it's not love it's as close to love without being love I can get.
- In the pelting villages.
- Frances' latest: need an antidote to Trump's UN speech?
- The correct way to be a cannibal.
- Reminder: the NFL isn't afraid Kaepernick will be a failure and a distraction, the NFL is afraid he'll be a success and a distraction.
- Motherfucking Helmetball is motherfucking America.
- Garden of smurfly delights test prints.
- Cruising 99.
- Remembering Cohen.
- There's a new Colleen album! Bought! Here's the first released song!
- That time John Ashbery did a screen test for Andy Warhol.
INSTANCES OF WASTED INGENUITY
Falling off a triangle.
Putting two fighting fish in one bowl.
Talking yourself into a headcold.
Falling off a rectangle.
Putting insects in ice cubes.
Talking yourself out of doorways.
Falling off a parallelogram.
Talking into a microphone.
Falling off a footstool.
Putting earplugs in acorns.
Looking into a teacup for trouble.
Talking yourself out of breathing.
Taking a nap on a drum set.
Eating a peach with an air filter.
Wearing a dress made of hand grenades.
Talking a mudslide back up a mountain.
Lighting a camp fire in a taxi stand.
Launching a boat on a horse trail.
Hiking in an elevator.
Falling into an envelope.
Discussing smuggling with customs officers.
Taking a cat to a dog show.
Falling in love with a toothache,
Questioning your thumbprint.
Looking for milk in a gas tank.
Kissing hydraulic acid.
Blindfolding a parking meter.
Falling over a water tower.
Reasoning with a baby.