- Third draft.
- Twelve hours of Glenn Branca.
- Now that Blog Days of Summer have arrived, play along, I need five more ocenes, as in Life in the.
- Participation no guarantee your suggestion will be stenciled. Life in the Fuckjeffocene.
- Yes, neoliberalism is a thing.
- When one Palestinian baby dies.
- The predictable dysphoria flare-up.
- Fuck it, it's NOT Rockville, it's Borth Nethesda.
- Frances' first article for Vice (on the Inauguration Day protesters' legal peril still).
- I've three basic reactions to the start of the Blog Days of Summer: (1) sulk; (2) spurt; (3) sulk and spurt.
- Gonna skip the sulk this year.
- I do need to stop spurting at professional motherfucking Democrats on twitter that they can call me when they quit the motherfucking Democratic Party, for while I. Hate. Motherfucking. Democrats. they are not gonna quit and run as independents.
- We need a revolution.
- Futilespurtocene, as in Life in the.
FIVE POEMS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
The sun rose. The child wept.
The window opened. Bill opened the window.
School begins at nine. He began his lecture at ten.
She lived a happy life. They died a dreadful death.
He slept a peaceful sleep. I dreamed a happy dream. He sighed a deep sigh.
The sun shone. The dog bit. The man knocked.
My father came... Yesterday was...
The soldier seemed dead. His face became white.
He smelt the flowers. The flowers smelt sweet.
The boy looked eagerly. The boy looked eager.
Ted looked better than his friend.
Tom Brown was my teacher there.
He seems the most important man here.
The ladies were given the flowers.
The dog was given the food.
the boy was given the dog.
The mother is given a son.
The son is given a mother.The son is given a mother.
My (dis)pleasure! Epilogonihilocene certainly gets to the point in a way that the pre-compounded terms don't quite manage.ReplyDelete
The reason behind disingenocene has to do with... well, when there are changes in society, who benefits and who doesn't, the "who" changes. There are a lot of people here in NYC who, "liberal" self-identification aside, seem to revel aggressively in unjustified confidence, who seem to think it's more important to present as being right than to be right, who double down on their dishonesty, who are glad to establish social hierarchy at every possibility. Trump has given a lot of people the opportunity to become meaner people in public while also providing those people the opportunity to excuse their own meanness in relation to that of the President. It's like "lessshitty" has become not only an electoral strategy, but an ethos of personal behavior as well.
Other than that and climate change, life's alright though I guess! LOL!