This notice appeared on my blaager dashboard two days ago:
European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.I'm responsible that google's motherfucking spyware spys on me and you who visit? Goddamn my motherfucking free bluuging platform. (Though I think it's probably this, too.)
As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies, and other data collected by Google.
You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. If you include functionality from other providers there may be extra information collected from your users.
- Human celebrity human sacrifice ritual.
- The City and the Gate.
- Propaganda 101: How to Defend a Massacre.
- The Dying Light.
- Peak Liberalism.
- The unbearable whiteness of NFL ownership.
- I am telling three times for the three zillionth time, there is no better metaphor for the clusterfuck that is American than motherfucking helmetball.
- Neoliberal academia and the death of education.
- After the afterlife of theory.
- Also, Firefox has suddenly begun refusing to connect to any Tumblrs.What's so good about original sin?
- I promised myself I won't ever again read a friend's novel until it's published because you can guess, but Jim could use a reader.... and congratulations, Jim.
- How best to read auto-fiction.
WAITING FOR ICARUS
He said he would be back and we’d drink wine together
He said that everything would be better than before
He said we were on the edge of a new relation
He said he would never again cringe before his father
He said that he was going to invent full-time
He said he loved me that going into me
He said was going into the world and the sky
He said all the buckles were very firm
He said the wax was the best wax
He said Wait for me here on the beach
He said Just don’t cry
I remember the gulls and the waves
I remember the islands going dark on the sea
I remember the girls laughing
I remember they said he only wanted to get away from me
I remember mother saying : Inventors are like poets, a trashy lot
I remember she told me those who try out inventions are worse
I remember she added : Women who love such are the
Worst of all
I have been waiting all day, or perhaps longer.
I would have liked to try those wings myself.
It would have been better than this.