- Earthgirl bought the indoor cats a battery-driven dual lazer-beam distraction
- Now that Nap an indoor half-the-time cat
- daily indoor-only cat ladder match's ordered results fucked
- (and they won't shut up about it)
- battery-driven dual lazer-beam distraction for cats a blessing
- Olive photo by Planet, giftmas day's best gift
- Valuable duh: thread.
- How much of the internet is fake?
- The life and death business of being a dog-walker.
- The third person I've seen in last year to yap about Fanny Howe, good think I have access to a university library's stacks and interlibrary loan service.
- Book design in contemporary poetry.
- Gaddis (whose birthday is day after tomorrow): too much plasticity.
- I opened expanded both cemetary blogrolls on a whim, all the dead who I forget.
- At the other place.
- Charles Olson, who I do not hear like once I listened, me, not him, born 108 years ago today.
- I do like this post's title sentence's dual meaning on *last.*
- VITAL REMINDER! >
MAXIMUS, TO HIMSELF
I have had to learn the simplest things
last. Which made for difficulties.
Even at sea I was slow, to get the hand out, or to cross
a wet deck.
The sea was not, finally, my trade.
But even my trade, at it, I stood estranged
from that which was most familiar. Was delayed,
and not content with the man’s argument
that such postponement
is now the nature of
that we are all late
in a slow time,
that we grow up many
And the single
is not easily
It could be, though the sharpness (the achiote)
I note in others,
makes more sense
than my own distances. The agilities
they show daily
who do the world’s
And who do nature’s
as I have no sense
I have done either
I have made dialogues,
have discussed ancient texts,
have thrown what light I could, offered
But the known?
This, I have had to be given,
a life, love, and from one man
But sitting here
I look out as a wind
and water man, testing
I know the quarters
of the weather, where it comes from,
where it goes. But the stem of me,
this I took from their welcome,
or their rejection, of me
And my arrogance
was neither diminished
by the communication
It is undone business
I speak of, this morning,
with the sea
from my feet
1)that's a good-looking catReplyDelete
2)speaking of dialogues and the discussion of ancient texts, yesterday i finished reading elaine pagel's book why religion? a personal story
a)i was surprised to learn that she knew jerry garcia when she was a teenager and that her boyfriend had died in a car crash in which garcia also was a passenger - and that the name of garcia's famous band may well refer to this loss
b)i was also surprised to encounter her hypothesis that the gospel of john, with its unflattering view of the disciple thomas, was written after and as a reaction against the gospel of thomas
c)i have not read either of pagels' books on the gospel of thomas, surprisingly enough (although i have a request in with the county library for the more recent, beyond belief) but i very much like (and have read all the way through, and some pages more than once) leloup's
d)here's an online translation i haven't read yet