- I tweeted today's stupidass Deep Space Nine allusion *here* as twitter's stupidass Deep Space Nine allusion last night:
Our ruling Ferengi are more frightened of you with your iPad somewhere stuck on a delayed Metro train than they are of a zillion armed-to-the-teeth crackers wired to LIquid Trump like Jem-H'Dar.
- To be both fair and to stretch the stupidass Deep Space Nine allusion, our rulers are more Founders dying with the Section 31 disease/Ferengi
- Wall Street hates Warren, so no Warren.
- Landru and I were texting at each other about this yesterday morning and within an hour the above shazammed my timeline, he can vouch if you need
- The duh that is Meghan McCain.
- I am Season Three Episode 17 Deep Space Nine in my second start-to-finish through, so four and a half more seasons shitty allusions in this digestive system
- and goddamn it Mr Woof soon
- But for those of you who, like Landru, wondered which sister-in-law at dinner, was my brother-in-law's wife B not my brother's wife J
- Rest in peace, Les Murray. I wish he was as good a human as he was a poet, some poems here
- This is true: I did not watch DS9 start-to-finish until beloved Sasha urged it on me three years four years ago after I told them why I hated it when it was weekly episodic
- Poets I hate what they say but change the way language works
- my fat complicit ass found it too dark in my false bright
- Worthless cunts, our poisoned by Section 31 changling Ferengi overlords
- So no, I cannot read anything anymore that isn't a poem
- Fine metaphors abound, as well as second gong I don't talk about Kind here or anywhere anymore
- This is true, when I need screen I do what I do when I could read, rehike
- Bashir and O'Brien will not discover the antidote and save Odo and Odo won't clutch Changling Leader's hand and cure her so she won't surrender to imperialist late-capitalist neo-liberalist Kindness, but...
- Seven theses on the democratic capitalist state
- At least DS9 interrogates the assumptions, the others I've seen don't
- Quark sees profit
- I hope this gets this out of my system
- Fuck me, a Knife cascade last night on twitter, the fuck
speaking of the goat rodeo, yesterday i read in the nytimes about what it takes to qualify for the first democratic debate, and decided to use ActBlue to send ten dollars each to the people i wanted to send ten dollars to - one state governor (of washington state), and three congresspeople (from hawaii, ohio, and massachusetts)
and speaking of poetry, here are some rhymes from todd rundgren - the beginning of 'fair warning', the last song on the album 'initiation' - at the end of the song it cycles back to the first song on the other side of the plastic waffle, 'real man'
You know, wishing won't make it so
Hoping won't do it, praying won't do it
Religion won't do it, philosophy won't do it
The supreme court won't do it
The president and the congress won't do it
The UN won't do it, the H-bomb won't do it
The sun and the moon won't do it
And God won't do it and I certainly won't do it
That leaves you, you'll have to do it
and speaking of poetry, here are some remarks from a tribute to james tate
"TATE INVENTED A MIRROR WORLD. IT’S SIMILAR TO OUR OWN, BUT EVEN MORE INTENSELY STRANGE, BEAUTIFUL, AND FULL OF UNCANNY JUXTAPOSITIONS. BY PASSING THROUGH IT, WE GET TO ABSORB A LITTLE MORE OF THE UNLIKELIHOOD OF OUR VERY EXISTENCE, A MEASURE OF THE DEGREE TO WHICH SO-CALLED REALITY IS A TOTAL MIRAGE, AND PERHAPS MOST OF ALL, AN INTENSE WONDER THAT MAKES US FEEL MORE FULLY ALIVE. JAMES TATE’S WORK IS A MANUAL FOR ENLARGEMENT WE CAN CARRY ANYWHERE."
—DOBBY GIBSON, "A MANUAL OF ENLARGEMENT"
quoted at http://www.batcityreview.org/james-tate-tribute
more extensive comments by gibson describing the time he met tateDelete
Wait, OUR Sasha? Who has been dead for three years Sasha? Urged you to rewatch DS9? Cause if that's true, man, I gotta think she was fucking with you big-time. I mean, we'll never know, of course, but...wow. That's seriously weird. I'm hearing cackling as I conceptualize this, dood.ReplyDelete
No spoilers, we're only in the middle of season 2, because I refuse to watch more than one episode at a time despite Ilse and DataBoy pummelling me and trying to get me to go faster. I can only be burned by so much stoopid at one sitting.
With more precision: You said professional Dems wouldn't let Warren through. I neither agreed nor disagreed. Then a professional Dem shazammed, invoking Obama and Biden and explicitly negging Warren's intellect and creativity. I concurred in your declaration of shazam. But it doesn't matter, because if 31 percent of the 45 or so percent of Dems who've made up their minds are saying they want to vote for Biden, we're all gonna fucking die anyway, so fuck it because seriously, fuck it. Fuck everything. Set the fucking atmosphere on fire like a bad episode of The Orville or whatever, because wow. Fuck it.
No, my beloved Sasha / Alexyvee / Mr Alarum.Delete
I still think it's gonna be Clinton after Biden bidens and crashes.