- Went looking for something here for a post I decided not to write, reminded I used to do a Theme Song of the Month, did it for years, didn't deliberately stop, just stopped without thinking about it
- Not dark but damnless, this is new, utterfucklessness
- Theme Song August 2019
- Bump again: killing the planet
- Another gag gone: canary, weathervane, Cassandra, fool, though still true, I am the fine motherfucking metaphor abounding
- The next twilight of environmentalism
- He had help
- Manliness is a warm gun
- The Lost Summer of 2019 in What I Can't Write About Here is 9/10ths of it, let me self-indulge my fucklessness in the 1/10th I can but barely want to
- 15 songs that defined David Berman
- I get why people get, I like when I hear but own none
- Valorization of banality (there's a biopic about Reggie Dwight?)
- Planned post abandoned: fuck it v fuckless, so not abandoned
- Proust teaches us how to read Proust, or *I* am Bergotte
OUT OF WATER
A new embroidery of flowers, canary color,
dots the grass already dotty
with aster-white and clover.
I warn, “They won’t last, out of water.”
The children pick some anyway.
In or out of water
children don’t last either.
I watch them as they pick.
Still free of what’s next
and what was yesterday
they pick today.
0)those are good looking catsReplyDelete
1)"he had help" - this seems likely - missus charley suggests "the institute", as the usual name of one organization translates into
2)and speaking of international issues and terminology - i learned this morning that in several english speaking countries "soccer" and "football" refer to two distinct sports - although the term "soccer" originated in england, as the sport did, not in some other country as some erroneously assume
The Known World
how can something known
in so little time