- Meanwhile at the other place
- Andrew Mellon, or: our overlords have always been sociopaths
- Our sociopath overlords know what white supremacust know
- Grifting off the climate clusterfuck
- Obamanauts: as psychotically devout as Trump's crackers
- UPDATE! Our sociopath overlords
- Is this the future Liberals want?
- Fuck Facebook (and the company that provides my free blogging platform) (my other place is Wordpress, probably not as evil though not by design just by market share (this is not >>
- deleted bleggalgaze<< but no, I'll quit before I ask you to move this there)
- More Karamazov
- I will also not ask you to read my notes on one draft poetry and why, while I do like abandoning poems and abdicating responsibility to revise, it's what I need do
- Best poetry collections of the decade? I vouch for the C.D.Wright, Mark Leidner, Mary Szybist, Terrance Hayes, and of course Anne Carson, will check out (literally, I have access to a university library) the rest
- Balm & Lamentation
- Woke up with Clock DVA in my head
I had the happy idea to suspend some blue globes in the air
and watch them pop.
I had the happy idea to put my little copper horse on the shelf so we could stare at each other
I had the happy idea to create a void in myself.
Then to call it natural.
Then to call it supernatural.
I had the happy idea to wrap a blue scarf around my head and spin.
I had the happy idea that somewhere a child was being born who was nothing like Helen or
Jesus except in the sense of changing everything.
I had the happy idea that someday I would find both pleasure and punishment, that I would
know them and feel them,
and that, until I did, it would be almost as good to pretend.
I had the happy idea to call myself happy.
I had the happy idea that the dog digging a hole in the yard in the twilight had his nose deep in
I had the happy idea that what I do not understand is more real than what I do,
and then the happier idea to buckle myself
into two blue velvet shoes.
I had the happy idea to polish the reflecting glass and say
hello to my own blue soul. Hello, blue soul. Hello.
It was my happiest idea.
i listened to clock dva and read the wikipedia article about them and was glad i didReplyDelete
and speaking of old music i just learned that somebody i knew from a while ago when he lived in nyc - a friend of a friend - the intervening friend and i knew each other in buffalo - now lives in this area and has a music,etc. show on the takoma park low power radio station - danny griffin, walking on the moon, weds 8-10 pm - rather less esoteric and avant-garde than your tastes, i guess, to judge from last week's playlist - i don't know if you'd enjoy it
Feel compelled to say I A) went to school with Bob Mould B) was friends with Paul, from Clock DVA, here in Berlin for several years (very memorable night of watching GUMMO on DVD with him... in fact I mention him in a post...it was Paul's GF Claudia I did a sketch of here (bottom of post): https://berlin8berlin.wordpress.com/2019/07/11/why-your-three-year-old-could-have-done-that-my-life-thus-far-in-art/ReplyDelete