What kinds of show ideas are we interested in?
-Underrepresented music on WFMU: new and old artists that haven't received the proper kind of attention on our airwaves yet
-Spoken word collages
-Spontaneous radio improvisation
-Labored sound art pieces made just for your radio show
-Interviews with scientists, obscure radio personalities, your parents ...
-Found sound, field recordings, etc.
Me, no. Two, three, four, five years back I briefly talked with someone at WOWD in Takoma Park about possibly DJing a show, I don't want to DJ a show beyond the one at this shitty blog, but you? some of you?
This all started after reading Ira's interview on tone view (in which he discusses, among many things, his WFMU weekly show), which means today's playlist is songs by one of the bands on the innermost circle of rotating bands/musicians for the three not permanent chairs in My Stupidass Deserted Island Five Game
- These efforts: These fuckers really not understand that Democrats are their allies, that Democrats are the Washington Generals?
- Reminder: The wife of a Supreme Court justice "is one of the most powerful and fierce women in Washington," and "is really the tip of the spear in these efforts."
- Reminder: Democrats suppressed the vote in Wisconsin to hurt Sanders
- Reminder: a nominee to the Supreme Court's father was a top lawyer for an oil company whose case will be heard at the Supreme Court (and the Washington Generals did not ask her about it much less ask her if she will recuse herself)
- Perry Anderson on Britain's, and ours, clusterfuck
- Update: I made this tonight
- Deserted islands and radical needs
- My Sillyass Deserted Island Five Game, the two permanent seats remain permanent though I don't want to listen to either until the requisite birthday posts feel horribly obligatory, the fuck is wrong with me
- Liberalism and fascism, partners in crime
- I am sure Senator Crackerwhisperer from Texas and Senator Crackerwhisperer from Missouri (who is going to be a boil on America's ass for decades, provided there are decades) are just as livid at this censorship
- Tech companies are destroying Democracy, Jeff types into his free google blogging platform
- Free speech, the concept, is disinformation itself
- The good parts
- Iron laws of institutions, a Pelosi reminder
- War on universities
- Dan's New Critical Compilation
- My giftmas present to me will be Berryman's letters
- Eileen Miles *Oath*
- James McNew interview