- Moby Dick, Chapter 96
- It is a total coincidence that the most likely scenario of a Biden presidency, a weakened Democratic house, and a Republican Senate is precisely what our shitlords could have wished for
- Ask yourself why the only thing professional motherfucking Democrats care about is potus
- Motherfucking Democrats, an important thread
- For instance, this motherfucker
- All the hours of post-electoral analysis you’re about to hear are just mental gymnastics to avoid confronting one very simple fact: that the way the Democratic Party has been securing funding is incompatible with securing votes. That’s the only correct answer to the question of what went wrong for the Democrats this year. They court wealthy donors who in exchange demand policies which hurt ordinary Americans. Ignore all answers besides this one.
- Motherfucking Democrats: the finest metaphor currently abounding
- Motherfucking Democrats did exactly what their job is
- When all you got is racism
- When all you got is lunatics and their imaginary friend Jesus Cracker
- I confess, that one still works on me
- The most basic principle of democracy is that you count votes fairly. The Democrats are not faultless here, they went out of their way to keep Greens off the ballot and suppressed voters and slow-counted votes for Bernie Sanders.
- Your fault
- Psst, it's still possible Trump wins if all legal votes counted, by the way
- Biden: But Trump has not been defeated by a Bernie Sanders; he has been defeated by a corrupt political hack backed to the hilt by the large majority of the billionaire owned media, financed out of Wall street and with no intention of pursuing anything other than neo-liberal economic policies. It is also the firm re-establishment of the rule of the security state and the military-industrial complex. Trump’s instinctive isolationism made him an enemy of the security state interest which spent a great deal of time in trying to undermine its President.
- Democrats foster Trumpism
- We have, after all, already witnessed the Good Friday and Easter Sunday of Donald Trump
- Resorting to Beefheart
- Melville the thief: a brief history of citational fiction
- Vince McMahon's former Montgomery Village house for sale
- Gilliam Welch/David Rawlings interview
- Dan reviews Sarah Rose Etter's Book of X
Seagull in the corn, postage stamp-size cornfield in the woods, in the middle of the state, and how you ever got here. Weather of heaven, July Massachusetts, the blue sky one endless goodbye. Give me a minute, maggot-swarming preview of the future, give me a moment. You can hone a blade until there is no blade, or dwell with magnifying glass so long on a word that finally it darkens, is not, and fire in widening circles consumes the world. For a moment only, stay with me, mystery. Before you change completely into something other, slow cloud, entrance, spell, not yet remembered name, stay; tell me what you mean. A dead bird is not a dead bird I was once told by someone who knows.
i liked this - with regard to trump's good friday and easter sunday - fintan o'toole wroteReplyDelete
We have, after all, already witnessed the Good Friday and Easter Sunday of Donald Trump. In a grotesque parody of the Christian narrative, Trump presented his contraction of Covid-19 not as a consequence of his own narcissistic recklessness but as a Jesus-like self-sacrifice—he caught the virus on behalf of the people. Trump “died,” was in the “tomb” of Walter Reed hospital for three days and then rose again and appeared to many. This fable seems to have worked for his supporters, electrifying them with its evidence of their leader’s indefatigability. The deaths of others—230,000 victims of Covid-19 by election day—did not prompt a turn against the president who presided over them. His base acted, rather, as the foil for his miraculous, manic display of vivacity in the last days of the campaign.
...Trump, at his first rally after his resurrection, posed as an immortal (“I went through it. Now they say I’m immune. I feel so powerful.”)
here is paula white, trump's spiritual adviser, praying for trump's victory - the bopping cat in the foreground has been added, and the musical soundtrack, but the guy walking around with towels over his arm is in the original - his function is to use those towels to protect the modesty of skirt-wearing women who fall down 'slain in the spirit'ReplyDelete