I am an agnostic in love with ritual and honor and order steeped in self-mysticism, but you've been here before and come back so you know this. Have you ever noticed how only one particular Fleabus photo appears on any one post though it may appear many times on that post? How the links move inward, from the farthest to nearest? How I've only posted twice here what I create that I value more and post elsewhere, both times on dares? I've rules. I'm a fucking dictator. It takes breaking a reading slump and the manic energy released to create new and better ways to bind myself tighter. Blue stays!
I'm canary, weathervane, Cassandra, fool, so I have nothing to do with any blogs that changed themes subsequent to my going noxzema bottle blue. In Blegsylvania hiatuses and abandonments abound. Some are sounding their damn, some finding it deep, some shallow, some both. Blogfriends are moving on, moving in. I've disappointed some: it's not giving up or giving in, it's my willing consent to a comfortable pragmatism at the heart of my complicity. All I have is me and mine.
Everything is negotiation: I couldn't change to noxzema bottle blue until I got a release from a friend who didn't know I couldn't do noxzema bottle blue because she told me it hurt her eyes. Noxzema bottle blue it is, the irony being I will now impose new rules (while honoring most of the old ones) on my bleggal propriety while arguing anew against rules others would impose on me while simultaneously and contentedly I obey them.
- Beast in the heart.
- Why kings?
- One of the family.
- Misercorde, revisited.
- Place your markers. I voted Huntsman.
- Trump as Republican id.
- Private parties have coercive power too.
- Death imitates art.
- The crusades continue.
- Congressional Assassination Caucus.
- Regrettable precision.
- How did this get past Fred Hiatt's censors?
- Poor Boeing.
- Scientist superintendent?
- Meet Boorman, blogbuds Ethan and The Baronette's (who took the photo) new cat, rescued from a shelter and growing happier and more confident every day:
- Named after John Boorman, who I had to google. Apparently he's a movie director (I kid you not when I say I don't watch many movies - it's not a moral stance, it just doesn't occur to me to watch movies; folks can vouch.). That it's John is a good thing because I was wondering why they would name their cat after Martin Bormann, especially as I just read The Kindly Ones in the past few months.
- How's Napoleon look in a fish-eye lens?
- Go to a shelter and get a dog or cat today. Go. Or donate. Or both.
- Pay attention to your cat.
- Survival secrets of indy bookstores.
- Stay More is on the way. I'm curious what you all think.
- Indigo eyes.
- One more colour.
- Out of the blue.
- Protest songs.
- My new crush.
- Katie Cruel.
- Close watch.
DISILLUSIONMENT OF TEN O'CLOCK
The houses are haunted By white night-gowns. None are green, Or purple with green rings, Or green with yellow rings, Or yellow with blue rings. None of them are strange, With socks of lace And beaded ceintures. People are not going To dream of baboons and periwinkles. Only, here and there, an old sailor, Drunk and asleep in his boots, Catches tigers In red weather.