Indulge the aargh and motherfucking vile mood by deploying this in multiple guises or lazyass blogging with lazyass snow theme. Best lazyass blogging and lazyass snow theme. Aargh and motherfucking vile mood later, or not, and probably not here but there. No, the poem will not be Stevens' Snowman, I know you think you know how I think, this sentence proves you're only part right. Click tags Beefheart, Kees, Galaxie 500 for more of each.
Also too, activating the Momcat Alert System. We haven't seen her since the storm.
UPDATE! Drove Earthgirl's car to shop for service, restocked at Safeway, just got home, deactivating the Momcat Alert System, it's uncanny and spooky how it works, it's a good thing.
UPDATE! That reduces some of the aargh, as does getting the car to shop, but can't concentrate to read either Deronda or Miss MacIntosh or more Kees, so have last night's and now's linkages:
- Computer-based sound poetry.
- That helped the aargh. A lot.
- Against likeability. Some of the day's aargh is related.
- Last RIP call for Stuart Hall.
- It's not our fault if it's a perfect storm.
- We are trained to be in constant fear.
- Neoliberalism's war on higher education. Some of the day's aargh is related - a bunch, actually - but must not write about employer, Complicit Bastard's Rule Number One.
- Josipovici and Delany, for those of you who do one or the other or both.
- Someone else read Maqroll this year. I've one extra copy left.
- Prunella's latest playlist.
A day all blue and white, and we
Came out of woods to sand
And snow-capped waves. The sea
Rose with us as we walked, the land
Built dunes, a lighthouse, and a sky of gulls.
Here where I built my life ten years ago,
The day breaks gray and cold;
And brown surf, muddying the shore,
Deposits fish-heads, sewage, rusted tin.
Children and men break bottles on the stones.
Beyond the lighthouse, black against the sky,
Two gulls are circling where the woods begin.