I wish I could enjoy it more, I said at Thursday Night Pints, POTUS 12 is so fucking absurd already, this is comedy gold, has there ever been a moment in electoral history when every tool and gear and fool and fear has been so kayfabe? Huh, said D. Kayfabe, said L, he wrote a paper for me in a Kid's Lit class twenty years ago on professional wrestling: kayfabe, showing the marks the mechanisms by which they're being rubed. True, I said, and I've turned heel, unintentionally, I make a shitty heel cause I need to be face. You come off meaner than you mean to, said K. That's not it, said D, he comes off less mean than he means to be and that pisses people off. No, said L, he comes off as mean as he means to be but writes it in a way that doesn't mean to be as mean because he wants to be liked regardless. I'm sitting right here, I said. You are a shitty heel, said L, you don't embrace the role. I claim, I said, it's in the cause of kayfabe, then I got up and bought a round.
- We are all precarious.
- Drone on.
- Self-interest and the pathology of power.
- Homeowners thrown under the bus.
- Funny money.
- Oil wars.
- Krugman's obamapostasy will never be ready.
- When the going gets tough, the tough swing to the right.
- Franco is still dead.
- SMBIVA credo?
- Aggregating the responses to Hedges.
- She who is as shitty worries Frothy Mix a sexist pig. That's not quite true: She who is as shitty worries about the optics of Frothy Mix's sexist pigism; she no doubt agrees w/what Frothy's saying.
- My imminent future hell.
- How your cat is driving you crazy.
- Golfer stabbed in leg after trying to play through.
- Dive, motherfucker.
- This? Would be awesome.
- Deutschland is back to green.
- A reminder. Also too.
- When I get my cadillac.
- Sorry for behaving so badly.
WHEN ECSTASY IS INCONVENIENT
Feign a great calm; all gay transport soon ends. Chant: who knows— flight's end or flight's beginning for the resting gull? Heart, be still. Say there is money but it rusted; say the time of moon is not right for escape. It's the color in the lower sky too broadly suffused, or the wind in my tie. Know amazedly how often one takes his madness into his own hands and keeps it.