Yeah, that was easy, but it's a great song plus I truly didn't do proper by Richard Thompson's birthday, so songs today. I've read Romney's new spearhead is Obama being caught on mic promising he doesn't give a flying fuck about public opinion beyond the necessary winking bullshit needed to get reelected, wait until after the election when we Corporate assholes can operate as the Corporate assholes we are, Romney's attack so perfectly apt and correct and prismatically ironic I hope it fucking works from now until November since it will be true next January no matter which Corporate asshole is elected.
- Van Fucking Jones.
- Robert Scheer is a fool.
- Sure, Obama is .06% less-shitty than Romney. He could be 10% less-shitty if he wanted to be. He doesn't want to be.
- Biden says No to populism.
- SCOTUS' body-cavity fixation.
- Of course they are. I point this out to remind me how much I eagerly contribute to my own surveillance.
- The agoraphobic homeworld.
- Wholly Thursday.
- Holy Thursday.
- Things you might have missed.
- Chicken shit.
- On rhetorical devices.
- Lit links!
- Lit links!
- This is true! Earthgirl gave up on The Unconsoled precisely at my favorite scene in the novel. I'm almost through my rereading, btw, it's still the most remarkable novel I've ever read, though it's not been as much fun this time, which is on me. I am thinking about what to read next, which I interpret as both a good sign and a desperate sign.
The very flatness
makes for nostalgia
in the connoisseur.
Here's the latest
little lip of wave
and spread thin.
it shows our recklessness,
our fast gun,
which was really
with our own fame,
the easy way
we'd blend in
with the peasantry,
to our old gang
from among whom
it was our nature
to be singled out.
Police State 2012!ReplyDelete
The Mary Kay rep and the rest of that lot would have gladly said that same too honorable to be prez jazz about Newt if he only had one ex-wife. Two exes is pushing it.ReplyDelete
I'll bet none of them expressed any reservations about voting for a guy with a sweater vest. That's how you can tell they're lying.
I'm with Earthgirl on that one.ReplyDelete
Yes, I seem to be in the minority on The Unconsoled. Have you liked other Ishiguro? Earthgirl loved Never Let Me Go.ReplyDelete
Re: Newt - his name never came up so I'm only guessing, but the vibe I got is that the people were valorizing authenticity and they would have dismissed him as perhaps the more entertaining fraud but still a fraud. I could be snarky and say Romney and Newt and Obama *are* authentically who they are, and I could be snarky and say Santorum has the luxury of knowing he can maintain his mantras since he's no chance of winning and that he would seek the center if he thought it profitable, but my takeaway is that Obama and Romney are so transparently twin-mannequins separated at birth that, sure, folks will vote for the home team, as much to spite the other team as anything else.
Well, as long as my phone is saving lives, but since I barely use it, am I saving enough of them?ReplyDelete
I was getting a haircut just when Obama was on the TV to sign the jobs bill.ReplyDelete
Tax cuts - entrepreneurship - small business - cutting red tape...He sounded like black Ronald Reagan.