Speaking of which, if bleggalgazing makes your eyes vomit blood, stop reading now. I usually look forward to the trinity of consecutive birthdays, they caught me by surprise this year, as did discovering I'd posted the above and below gifs in that post and didn't notice until last night around 730. I almost forgot to post the Overnight Goat of High Egoslavian Holy Days both Monday and Tuesday nights. Also too, the Great Bleg Plague of 2012 intensifies! I've multiple theories why Blegsylvania's ghost-towning is accelerating, wanna hear them? No? A Kind mocomofo has quit (or says he has anyway, saying he has before and but and but and but also too he means it this time) and my banishment from blogrolls continues apace! So far this month the score is 3-3, Quittings gridlocked! with Purgings, though it's only the the first half of the first quarter of the Blog Days of Summer. I will employ the maximum whatthefuck I permit myself, though here's hoping I get to break the tie myself. I know I don't want to spend the next six months typing motherfucking Obama and motherfucking crackers day after fucking day, which doesn't mean I won't. With the gif below, I believe I've honored at least a dozen tired BLCKDGRD tropes. Stand by (use your brain's Paul Harvey voice) for mews!
- Krugman's obamapostasy will never be ready.
- Police state.
- Social unrest in the US?
- Education and social revolution.
- Bacevich skewers one of the motherfucking Kagans.
- Remind yourself, as your reading the media's breathless reportage on the horse race for the White House, whose interest is served by making the race seem as close as possible?
- Hey! Did you know Washington DC has a professional soccer team?
- It's true! and they haven't had an African striker with a three syllable last name starting with K in a couple of years, though they do have a home game tonight v Colorado. Yay me!
- This post's first draft.
- It was be done with this particular bleggalgaze or have it build another day. Apologies. I should be fine for at least a few hours.
- The internet's apocalypse is scheduled for my 24th wedding anniversary! Um, fine metaphors abound!
- Revisiting hauntology.
- Revisiting Ashbery.
- RIP Carlos Fuentes.
- Bolano's werewolves.
- Meeting Gary Snyder.
- HEY! DEAD CAN DANCE COMING TO WOLFTRAP THE NIGHT BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!
- Anyone? Hamster, I'm looking at you.
- Have I mentioned that Robert Fripp is 66 today?
Papa is saying
Toddler is saying
Wig swenson dig der walloop
Papa is saying
Hapkin hapkin hapkin
As a sound unit
he must be
a very fine Papa
for he seems to muse on horsekind
or on horsekind's ineluctable musings