David Byrne is sixty-one today. Many dozens of one of the five best nights of my life Talking Heads were on the soundtrack. I saw the Stop Making Sense tour at least a half dozen times - it came by twice in three nearby cities - it was not as excellent as the Adrian Belew tours but were still pretty fucking excellent. If I don't listen much now it still needs to be stated: this and this and this are three of my most air-guitared songs ever.
- Daily Motherfucking Obama.
- Liberals insist it's the GOP's fault.
- The day Obama went Nixon.
- U.S. backed former Guatemalan dictator convicted of genocide. I confess I was unaware of this until it was pointed out to me.
- Reagan's favorite genocidaire.
- Why there is so much pro-war reporting.
- The abdication of the cultural elite.
- The internet destroyed the Middle Class?
- Twitter as distributed superego.
- Nothing to do with philosophy.
- 10 reasons my soccer team sucks.
- The Knife interviewed.
Herding's victory trajectories crest with reruns.
It's not what I do when people are watching it's what I do
when no one is looking is the greatest invisible fence
invented, is in fact the genesis of air guitar. We daydream we are
being watched when we know no one's looking.