- Songs via Bosh and Evan last night.
- I'm pretty sure I ruined a decent if not close relationship with my Illtophay obamapologist friend last night. I'm not a Green Lanternist: I recognize there are limits to what POTUS can do to affect events, but when I said POTUS always has the microphone and airtime at his disposal, Obama is perfectly within his rights to say, Hey, the 1st Amendment guarantees the rights of free speech and free assembly, hey, motherfucking police, stop being such motherfucking pigs. No, he can't, said the obamapologist. No, I said, he won't, you stupid motherfucker, the motherfucking pigs are doing precisely what motherfucking Obama wants them to do. Pointed out the head-bashing motherfucking cops during Occupy, Obama's silence. The obamapologist started to But... Crackers me, and fuck that, I said. No future dates for coffee or drinks have been scheduled.
- Gratuitous no doubt - this anger is, after all, at myself - solving nothing, though it was building, though it felt good - felt great! - to blurt, and better the Illtophay obamapologist than an obamapologist friend in real life.
- Leadership v appeasement.
- Couldn't find the single Bosh played, here, twelve songs in fourteen minutes, the whole album.
- The Human Abstract. Important to not let Ferguson get in the way of remembering that the apartheid state of Israel has resumed killing Gazan children.
- What is left to say?
- Hands up, don't shoot protests.
- War comes home.
- Shirley, you can't be serious?
- Algorithmic necropower.
- Salman Rushdie on Ishiguro's Remains of the Day.
- Doesn't sound like I should get my hopes up that Pere Ubu is coming back to DC soon.
- The cause of strangeness in ourselves.
- Evan played this Clash song. I don't know if he knew that Joe Strummer was born sixty-two years ago today. Two people on the show's comment board talked about Clash nostalgia, how they wish it could be like hearing The Clash for the first time again, and yes, youngsters, once upon a time The Clash felt fresh and new and important. More songs later today. Or not. Get your requests in. Or not.
I found a
that had a
mirror in it
looked in at
weed in it.