Fleabus blogheader returns for at least a few days. This does not mean I am contemplating changing the template. It does mean it occurs to me that the template can be changed. After our hike Saturday on Bull Run Mountain I pulled into the parking lot of the Sheetz in Haymarket VA behind a giant pick-up flying two huge Confederate flags and a Subaru adorned with Obama 2012 and VA Democratic candidates bumperstickers. They parked next to each other and I parked two slots down. In the checkout line I was behind both who were behind a guy in a pro-Israel shirt. The three struck up a conversation - there was only one cashier, the line was a dozen deep. Fuck Hamas, Fuck Gaza, a happy, wholehearted consensus among the three. I said nothing. Today's music via tweet from Fabio.
- Concentrate and exterminate.
- Sweets. Tom's latest on Gaza.
- The Silent Minority: on not saying anything about Gaza.
- Isolating Gaza.
- Israel in the U.S. Empire.
- Behind the myths about Hamas.
- Maps are written by victors.
- Via Anthony, I was reminded of Jonathan Crary's 24/7, which has been sitting on my Kindle for a year. Halfway through now, I'll give you a few quotes in days to come.
- Can someone recommend a reader that isn't Amazon please? I really don't want to give Bezos any more money. And I promise if I send you books in the future in will be from Powell or Politics and Prose. Revolution! bitches, he says on his free google blogging platform.
- Speaking of which, yes, I know the blog is loading slowly, I'll try to go through the blogroll tonight and move the moribund to Moribund and remove the dead - it's the dead feeds that slow loading at times.
- This week in water.
- Amy Clampitt's The Kingfisher.
- Spoon is fine - I like hearing them when they're on the radio, I don't like enough to buy - but I did not know of the Eno-connection.
PSALM IN THE SPIRIT OF DRAGNET
Julie Maria Wade