Re-posted from last night (with new content below): Swans, motherfuckers, go buy the upcoming live album and help fund new studio album, the last album and last tour - this is on the youtube - for "this beautiful and loving iteration of Swans."
Gira: By this I mean that each of us will continue on our own glorious diamond-strewn path - well, my 5 friends will, anyway – and I intend to keep the name and ongoing project of Swans active in a different form, drawing sporadically on the myriad list of musical cohorts I’m met along the way over the last 30 plus years (including I hope, at times, if they’ll consent, my 5 friends mentioned above) , but the creature, the beast, the monster, the liberating vortex of light and sound that is the 6 of us working in close quarters together over extended periods of time, will cease to exist. Most likely, Swans albums will not appear so fast and furious. And who knows how future albums will sound? One part of me wants more sound in the future, more orchestration, complete sonic overload, and another side wants to pare things down and try at last to write the extended sort of narratives I’ve always thought lurked somewhere inside me but I never quite found. But I do know that Swans shows and tours will be decidedly less frequent and more sporadic after this last extended push we’re planning after the upcoming new record…
500 mile radius (to arbitrarily pick a round number) as many shows as I'm able, I'll drive, you buy gas. LOUD! please.
- This is true: I think you're as excited about Swans as me. I think you're as excited about the music that excites me as much as I am, the poets, etc...... what a fucking dope.
- > Deleted bleggalgaze<
- You know how when you follow two people on twitter, have good relationships with both, but the two DESPISE! each other on an almost metaphysical level, and you get caught in crossfire, choosing to cowardly duck for cover and not making a sound?
- > Deleted bleggalgaze <
- This phenomenon, of course, cousin-of-a-sort and magnified by the beginning of a university semester and biting one's tongue at......
- > Deleted workbleggalgaze <
- Hey, friends have new content:
- Can we improve?
- Some good news.
- The summer of our incontinence.
- Two poems from the occupation.
- They have been chosen.
- Literary biography.
- Verklarte nacht.
- Pig, cat, box.
- Single of the year?