- There ▲ my first self-portrait since required in elementary school.
- An article on poaching of African animals. I haven't read it - I clicked, averted eyes, copied the link, pasted it here. I won't read it, can't read it. Nothing - nothing - triggers Dark, rageful Dark, murderous Dark despairing Dark in me, I..... I haven't read it but I know what it says, what images I might see. I daydream of.... Just from thinking about what I won't read I daydream I wouldn't actually torture the poachers, would just shoot them in the head and leave them for the vultures. Which Darks me.
- Bees are dying. Motherfucking humans.
- The failure of the white modern Liberal.
- Choosing violence.
- How Hillary Clinton became a hawk.
- The duh on a person's ability to simultaneously disagree with elite consensus and not support Donald Trump.
- A broken leaf/independence day.
- Violence in Blue: on Police Homicides in America.
- Policing class. On policing in general, on Baltimore in particular.
- What does Black Life Matters want?
- Jim has another post on his series on POTUS 16.
- Elizabeth Bishop and reticence.
- RIP Bobby Hutcherson. I don't know jazz as much as I want. I've only two ears, so much time.
- Lots of Hutcherson on Irene's show last night.
- Colin Moulding is 61 +1 day today.
My body of work is very similar to my corporal body. I often employ traditional forms (Spanx/dieting) but just as often revert to a more copious mode (cake/lazy afternoons). In that I wear little makeup (sensitive skin/feminist stance) I use few purely poetic flourishes except for rhyme—both internal and end line (lipstick/nail polish) conceding to self-conscious artifice. Perhaps because I grew up Catholic, I am drawn to acrostics (crosses) and punitive syllable counting (the rosary). I am interested in bodies seen and not seen (bikinis, muumuus, the dead and not-yet-born), poems written and yet-to-be-written. Holy ghost poems that cannot be read but only felt.
this girl is not a poacher - she is fully authorized - and the revenue from her hunts goes to fund conservation activities - she loves animals and also loves killing themReplyDelete
Won't look. She can fuck off to the sea.Delete
in other news...ReplyDelete
Eve Plumb: 'The Brady Bunch' Actress Sells Malibu Home She Purchased at Age 11
Plumb, who played Jan Brady, purchased the three-bedroom bungalow on Escondido Beach in 1969 for $55,300, the Los Angeles Times reported last week. It sold in late June for $3.9 million.
Yes, the DARK. Welcome back to the hotter portion of the East Coast after the rugged Maine vacay.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the link, as ever. I'm done with Frameworks—for now.
speaking of "body", elif batuman [http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/psychos-through-the-ages?intcid=popular] arranges prompts from the MMPI to produceReplyDelete
I am not afraid of toads
My father could be described as dominating
I do not like to see men in their pajamas
I do not like to hear strangers singing
Someone has been trying to get into my car
I wake up fresh and rested most mornings
I think I would like the work of a librarian
There seems to be a lump in my throat much of the time
My sex life is satisfactory
I have not lived the right kind of life
I hardly ever feel pain in the back of the neck
I am an important person
My soul sometimes leaves my body