- There ▲ my first self-portrait since required in elementary school.
- An article on poaching of African animals. I haven't read it - I clicked, averted eyes, copied the link, pasted it here. I won't read it, can't read it. Nothing - nothing - triggers Dark, rageful Dark, murderous Dark despairing Dark in me, I..... I haven't read it but I know what it says, what images I might see. I daydream of.... Just from thinking about what I won't read I daydream I wouldn't actually torture the poachers, would just shoot them in the head and leave them for the vultures. Which Darks me.
- Bees are dying. Motherfucking humans.
- The failure of the white modern Liberal.
- Choosing violence.
- How Hillary Clinton became a hawk.
- The duh on a person's ability to simultaneously disagree with elite consensus and not support Donald Trump.
- A broken leaf/independence day.
- Violence in Blue: on Police Homicides in America.
- Policing class. On policing in general, on Baltimore in particular.
- What does Black Life Matters want?
- Jim has another post on his series on POTUS 16.
- Elizabeth Bishop and reticence.
- RIP Bobby Hutcherson. I don't know jazz as much as I want. I've only two ears, so much time.
- Lots of Hutcherson on Irene's show last night.
- Colin Moulding is 61 +1 day today.
My body of work is very similar to my corporal body. I often employ traditional forms (Spanx/dieting) but just as often revert to a more copious mode (cake/lazy afternoons). In that I wear little makeup (sensitive skin/feminist stance) I use few purely poetic flourishes except for rhyme—both internal and end line (lipstick/nail polish) conceding to self-conscious artifice. Perhaps because I grew up Catholic, I am drawn to acrostics (crosses) and punitive syllable counting (the rosary). I am interested in bodies seen and not seen (bikinis, muumuus, the dead and not-yet-born), poems written and yet-to-be-written. Holy ghost poems that cannot be read but only felt.