- New Hope Sandoval and The Warm Inventions. Love still.
- If anyone is very Vile, I'd love a tutorial.
- Heightened awareness/to Fall.
- Why would the Clinton's buy their third million dollar house late September 2016?
- No one will remember by Sunday and my thinking Geez, bad optics that is stupid.
- A standard begrudging less-shittiest argument for Clinton.
- A standard hectoring less-shittiest argument for Clinton.
- Psst - Clinton's shittiness, if you left us the fuck alone - we might - might - probably not but might - be able to swallow viz Angry White Jesus, but you motherfucking Hillaryite Hectors do almost as much damage to Clinton as Clinton herself. If you truly support Clinton, do her a major favor and shut the fuck up.
- What? No. I'm not going to watch the debate.
- The minute Trump wins Hillary Clinton starts her 2020 bid. For a few minutes I entertained the possibility that a Trump win could spark a genuine Leftist movement (by which I mean a move back towards a New Deal/Great Society Democratic Party) - and then I laughed at myself.
- Gass on grasshoppers - and you and me and him. Sorry, meant to scan that at work yesterday, had to take a photo this morning. Read it - out load if you can - anyway.
- Now - this moment in time - is the time to read Gass' long meditation on the small petty personal evils that animate and motivate each of us. If I like you, and you ask nice, I'll send you a copy of The Tunnel, but not today - payday is next Friday.
- Ted Cruz thinks Trump is going to win.
- Alan Lichtman, who has correctly predicted (not that it's that hard, 2000 Florida excepted) all POTUS correctly since 1984, says Trump is going to win.
- I prefer to think of it as Clinton is going to lose. Fair or not, earned or not, she is the walking totemof a shitty status quo.
- Enabligatory behavior.
- American pussydom.
- This Week in Water. Each time I post one I look at the word water until my still goes, The fuck?
- How the financing of college sucks. The stories I can't tell.
- Please tell Ed you want him to post Gravity's Rainbow two pages a day with annotations. Hurry.
- The new Nick Cave - down below the Ashbery - is growing on me.
- New Leonard Cohen, whose music I don't love (I do love this song) but dig and respect:
LEAVE THE HAND IN
Furthermore, Mr. Tuttle used to have to run in the streets.
Now, each time friendship happens, they’re fully booked.
Sporting with amaryllis in the shade is all fine and good,
but when your sparring partner gets there first
you wonder if it was all worth it. “Yes, why do it?”
I’m on hold. It will take quite a lot for this music
to grow on me. I meant no harm. I’ve helped him
from getting stuck before. Dumb thing. All my appetites are friendly.
Children too are free to go and come as they please.
I ask you only to choose between us, then shut down this election.
But don’t reveal too much of your hand at any given time.
Then up and pipes the major, leave the hand in,
or change the vows. The bold, enduring menace of courtship is upon us
like the plague, and none of us can say what trouble
will be precipitated once it has had its way with us.
Our home is marshland. After dinner was wraparound.
You got a tender little look at it.