- Reading Mark Greif's Against Everything. ▲ is the last two paragraphs on the essay "On Food." Being reminded what a fucking tool I am, what stupid animals humans are, seems a responsible obligation right now.
- Earthgirl and I are talking lifestyle choices now, post-retirement choices in the hopefully not distant future. Good to be smacked around a bit about my relationship with power and capital while I'm daydreaming of changing my relationship with power and capital.
- 2016: a Liberal Odyssey.
- The Podesta emails: how America is run.
- We hiked this past Friday and Sunday and drove to Red Maryland and Red Virginia and saw very few - as in less than five combined. Saw no Clinton signs Friday and Sunday. Saturday, for that matter, in Blue Maryland. I started looking for bumperstickers Saturday, saw more Romney/Ryan than Trump stickers (2-1), saw more Obama/Biden stickers than Clinton (25-1). Not saying I know what this signifies, but it signifies something.
- Might be nothing more than people not wanting their yard and house vandalized and car keyed.
- Just received phishing at work: Be advised of our non-solicitation policies that require employees to refrain from activities including passing out political literature during work hours, excluding breaks. We have established a neutral dress code that prohibits the wearing of buttons, badges, or other political dresses. Those who are not in compliance with our policies will be disciplined if the conduct creates a disruption in our workplace. To record your acknowledgment, visit the portal. All employers are required to sign this document by COB. Not me, but oopsies around the Library.
- Anger and mourning on the American Right.
- He shot himself while handcuffed behind the back while in a police car.
- I urge you to do yourself a Kind and order Carson's Float. It hurts good too.
- FLOTUS reviewed - mine came yesterday in the mail! Some is love (I love▼it hurts!), some will be love, some will never be love, and all's cool.
- Made me listen to HeCTA.
SONNET OF ADDRESSING GOD
Some people continue to hear a voice calling out.
But to address God is a violent act.
Use slashes. Use them without
restraint. But neatly.
God swung her/ his/ their/ God's legs
over the side of the girder. Holding
herself/ himself/ themself/ Godself
by the fingertips,
she/ he/ they/ God lowered
till her/ his/ their/ God's body hung free.
We/ You/ They/ I screamed from below.
God let go and dropped.