>> Photo <<
>> Monologue ( >> Deleted Bleggalgaze, one sort or othert <<) <<
>> Song <<
- Today is Zappa's birthday. I am not a Zappa fan - I don't mind when he's on, I don't put him on - but once upon in stringtowns across Blegsylvania - and maybe still somewhere - today is Zappadan.
- For Badiou, whenever we count the dead of the Gulag or the Cultural Revolution we also have to count the dead of capitalism (from colonialism to the world wars). For Joffrin, this comparison is a fallacy.
- UPDATE! The Genocidal Species.
- What we don't talk about when we talk about Russian Hacking.
- Re above and below: the necessary Duh. Also too.
- Farting on twitter, the gag's been to call on senior Democrats to throw a fucking shit fit in general, to set themselves on fire on the Capitol steps in particular, in protest.
- Here's one from last night, 12/20/17, 19:56 EDT.
- Must History have losers?
- Depends how you count.
- Please consider sending Arthur the coins in your pocket.
- Annual big good on last night of Hanukkah.
- Biblioklept's 2017.
- The only reading that deserves the name.
- Everything is Stringtown now.
>> Song <<
>> poem <<
>> song <<
Thanks, as ever, for the link.ReplyDelete
1) Lears (oddly, a colleague of my best collegiate friend, now also comfortably ensconced at Rutgers), absolutely. But why can't both questions he raises be true?
2) Bragman and several commenters get it; it's all about Not Upsetting Our Wealthy.
3) A few good reads at the end of a crappy year: Authority, Jeff Vandermeer; and Underground Airlines by Ben H. Winter, and the latter in particular. (Winter's "The Last Policeman", with a fledgling detective investigating a murder in the months before earth is struck by a Dinosaur-killer asteroid, isn't quite as tight, but good.)
4) @Herr von D: Nicely put. Every pundit, commentator and actor in this American Dramatic Farce wants to be on the right side of history. Or, simply 'right'.
A Happy Season to all, and everything that makes it so for each.
Woof: May it be being a wonderful season for you as well.ReplyDelete