- Written after an evening's conversation at Dietles in 2011.
- Alas, it seems it was a cigarette in a flowerpot that started the fire, not Jeff Bezos henchmen trying to free up property for new Amazon headquarters in White Flint.
- Thread on another school shooting.
- I know someone who teaches at this school.
- My parents were public school teachers, my favorite aunts and uncles were public school teachers, my wife is a public school teacher, my daughter will be a public school teacher starting this Fall.
- My parents and aunts and uncles never had annual mandatory Active Shooter Training.
- I am telling you three times: Oligarchs LOVE! gun massacres. LOVE!
- Guns, America.
- I am telling you three times: we are being reprogrammed.
- Another Theory of Bullshit.
- A definition of fascism.
- NEW! Federici on changes in the economy and increasing violence against women.
- Invisible algorithms, invisible politics.
- I am telling you three times: oligarchs know the future, are preparing.
- Table for One.
- Mongo, barking randomly.
- The Kick Inside at 40.
- NEW! The Kick Inside at 40.
- Stream every Leonard Cohen album.
- There's new Hookworms!
THE CONSOLATIONS OF SOCIOBIOLOGY
Those scars rooted me. Stigmata stalagmite
I sat at a drive-in and watched the stars
Through a straw while the Coke in my lap went
Waterier and waterier. For days on end or
Nights no end I crawled on all fours or in
My case no fours to worship you: Amoeba Behemoth.
—Then you explained your DNA calls for
Meaner genes than mine and since you are merely
So to speak its external expression etcet
Ergo among your lovers I’ll never be ...
Ah that movie was so faraway the stars melting
Made my thighs icy. I see: it’s not you
Who is not requiting me, it’s something in you
Over which you have no say says no to me.
[Note: John Cleese, in an interview during the filming of "Life Of Brian", described Terry Gilliam as an American and a former surfer who reduced observations about Things That Happened to two categories: "I can get behind that", or, "That really pisses me off" ('We were flying into North Africa at dawn,' Cleese drawled, 'and Terry said, "Yeh I can get behind that"; and later [encountering some difficulty], said "Yah that rully pisses me off" ').]ReplyDelete
1) The Vast Stream Of Cohen: I Can Get Behind That.
2) I'm sick of Gun Cult Love: Yah That Rully Pisses Me Off.
3) I want Oligarchs to do The Air Dance in their monogrammed slippers from lampposts on the wide boulevards -- but, no; they'll be sipping Sekt in their warm Kiwi homes while people in Murrika live in Yurts and watch their children play with toys made from animal dung. Just sayin'. Yah this rully pisses me off.
4) It takes so much courage to live. I Can Get Behind That.
5) Thanks as ever for linky.
Nothing provides Oligarchs more return-on-investment re: culture wars than gun massacres, regardless of shooter's team affiliation. Well, except for that whole two team thing.Delete
Binge-reading a sci-fi trilogy (Greg Bear) involving a race of Uber-Aliens who travel the galaxies, manipulating different sentient races to make war on each other because they really get off on it. I thought: Aw, this isn't a plausible premise; and almost immediately thought, Well, where do you think Bear got that idea?Delete
1) the barnes and noble oligarchs have decided to sink the ship - as the doc docking the dog's tail said, "it won't be long now" - see this account of how christmas season inventory was handled - and just this week every store fired their senior staffReplyDelete
2)"it's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism"
3)"you never know when something surprising might happen" - sometimes misattributed to yogi berra